This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

KendoInput and KendoListBox translators no longer work with Kendo 2015.1.429

3 Answers 120 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gary asked on 21 May 2015, 07:29 PM

I have recorded tests that utilize the KendoInput and KendoListBox translators to execute steps on Kendo controls in our applications (open combo box, select items, etc.)  These test were working as expected with our app running Kendo version 2014.3.1119.  However, since updating our application to use Kendo release 2015.1.429, the Kendo test steps don't work as expected.

For example, when running a recorded step 'KendoInput: Combo open' on a control, the listbox drops down as I expect, but no longer contains any items.  Therefore, when the subsequent step 'KendoListBox: select item by text ...' runs, it cannot find the item, and the test log shows the following error:

Item with text ... is not available to select.
InnerException:
System.ArgumentException: Item with text ADM - Administration is not available to select.
   at Telerik.TestingFramework.Controls.KendoUI.KendoListBox.SelectItem(String text)
   at Telerik.TestStudio.Translators.KendoUI.ListBox.KendoListBoxSelectItem.Execute(Browser browser)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Extensibility.HtmlActionDescriptor.Execute(IAutomationHost autoHost)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.Execution.ExecutionEngine.ExecuteStep(Int32 order)

This issue has broken almost all of the automated tests in our project.  If anyone has any information on the issue or what I can do to resolve it, I would greatly appreciate it.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2015, 07:22 AM
Hello Gary,

What happens if you record again the step against the new version of Kendo? Does it pass?

Another option is to download our new release 2015 R1 SP1 which will be released on Thursday.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Eugene
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Oct 2016, 07:03 AM

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same problem. Please advise if it has been fixed or other possible solutions to the problem...

Thanks you

Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2016, 08:13 AM
Hello Eugene,

Please specify what issue do you experience exactly? 

1. Send us the execution log.

2. What version of Test Studio do you use?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1