This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Invalid Cast Exception encountered with RadControls_for_Silverlight_4_2010_2_0812

3 Answers 95 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kristine
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kristine asked on 20 Aug 2010, 07:16 AM
Hi,

The Telerik RadControls used in the Silverlight application I'm testing have been recently upgraded (just today) using RadControls_for_Silverlight_4_2010_2_0812 version. I'm now encountering an Invalid Cast Exception. The error message is like this:

InnerException:
ArtOfTest.WebAii.Silverlight.ExecuteSilverlightCommandException: [Silverlight Extension Error] Details: System.InvalidCastException: Error 0x17E0.  Debugging resource strings are unavailable. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.50524.0&File=mscorrc.dll&Key=0x17E0
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.ListBoxItem.OnCreateAutomationPeer()
   at System.Windows.Automation.AutomationProperties.GetAutomationId(DependencyObject element)
   at ArtOfTest.SLExtension.ClientServices.GetXmlFromNode(DependencyObject element, Boolean isClosing)
   at ArtOfTest.SLExtension.ClientServices.SerializeNode(DependencyObject root, StringBuilder sb, List`1 popups)
   at ArtOfTest.SLExtension.ClientServices.SerializeNode(DependencyObject root, StringBuilder sb, List`1 popups)

The erring line looks like this:

IList<Telerik.WebAii.Controls.Xaml.RadComboBoxItem> list = Pages.GRCPlatform.SilverlightApp.AssignedDropDownWatermarkcombobox.Find.AllByType<Telerik.WebAii.Controls.Xaml.RadComboBoxItem>();

This test has been passing before the upgrade (yesterday). I also tried running other tests with the same line (pages with RadComboBoxItems) - the same error is encountered. I am using an internal build for the tool: Telerik.WebUI.TestStudio.QA.2010.2.818, which I installed and tested before this upgrade. Can you please help me resolve this issue?

Regards,
QA

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 20 Aug 2010, 08:32 AM
Hi QA,

We have introduced a bug in RadComboBox Automation Peers with SP1. We are aware of this issue and the fix will be available in today's internal build.

Sorry for the caused inconvenience. Let me know if you have further questions.

All the best,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kristine
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Aug 2010, 02:52 AM
Hi Boyan,

I'd like to follow-up on this issue. Is the fix ready for download?

Regards,
QA
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 25 Aug 2010, 11:11 AM
Hi QA,

Yes it is ready. You can download the latest Internal build of RadControls for Silverlight. It is version 08.21 .

Let me know if you still have problems.

Greetings,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kristine
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
Kristine
Top achievements
Rank 2