Thank you for contacting.
Below I will go through the requirements from your list and explain whether this is supported in Telerik Backend Services. To test them in your scenario you may want to create a Backend Services project by following the guidelines from here.
1. Rest API
Backend Services provide a complete REST API for all services you have enabled and you are using in your backend project.
2. Drag n Drop based/Visual Database Designer, and API generation to communicate with backend.
You can create and manage data, create cloud functions, manage permissions from a UI portal.
3. Powerful data models and queries
There is a meaningful filtering/querying API. Currently Backend Services do not provide an extensive aggregation framework.
4. Authentication/Authorization (User Management, user registration, login, logout etc)
User management is supported out of the box. In addition there is an integration with oAuth providers and ADFS authentication.
5. File Storage (PDF, Images, Videos etc)
Dedicated file storage starting from 1 GB even with a free account with CDN support.
6. Analytic (usage data & dashboards)
Simple usage statistics for the data storage, files, bandwidth available in a dashboard.
7. Notifications, SMS, Fax, Email, etc.
Cross-platform push notifications for mobile devices.
Integration with Twilio for SMS. Available in the Cloud Code and Cloud Functions.
8. Schedule/Background Jobs (Send an Email after 30 Days, or Do this after x days)
Currently not supported but on our roadmap.
9. Custom Backend Logic via Drag n Drop or Custom Code (with minimal backend knowledge)
10. Integration with 3rd Party API (Google Maps etc)
There is no such integration so far, but external APIs could be accessed with HTTP requests from the Cloud Code.
GeoPoint fields support in the data store which can be used in the client-side for maps and location services.
11. Preferred additional features(if available):
We are considering implementation of real-time services which would be useful for chat apps.
12. Other services which you may find applicable to your scenario
- Responsive Images - resize images on demand and spare bandwidth for your users. Caching and CDN support.
- Data Connectors - mobilize and expose a subset of a SQL data from the Backend Services REST API.
- Powerful item and type level permissions and role-based security.
Please, let me know if you have further questions.
Anton Dobrev ,