This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exporting to PDF

7 Answers 229 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Domenico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Domenico asked on 31 Mar 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi,

it's possible to export the data contained into a GridView to a PDF document?

Thanks.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Domenico,

RadGridView for WinForms does not support exporting to PDF. We will consider this as a feature request for one of our future versions.

However, you can consider using the export-to-PDF functionality of our Reporting Tool, which will allow you to present your data in a report, view the report in a WinForms or Web application, and export it to PDF. For more information, please visit: www.telerik.com/reporting

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2008, 09:51 AM
Hi.
But this feature, Export PDF it exits in ASP control. Should be equal features?. I also need this important feature in winforms. Any time frame to be included?

Thnaks
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the question.

Our main goal is to have the same functionality in similar products. However, since the WinForms suite is a couple of years behind the ASP.NET suite in terms of development, we are still working on new features.
I would suggest printing our RadGridView via Telerik Reporting Tool. For more information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article: Printing RadGridView via Telerik Reporting.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Robert Gouin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 09:58 PM
Any updates on when exporting features similar to that in the ASP controls may be supported?
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2010, 09:11 AM
Hello Robert Gouin,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, we have plans to introduce some new export formats in the next major release Q2 2010. We will include support for csv and html formats. Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Martin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Taha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jul 2012, 05:41 AM
Hi Every body..
I want to export to pdf but my language is Persian , so when I export to pdf   , this structure's file is very bad and all text are inverse
please help me..
regards
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2012, 02:33 PM
Hi Taha,

Thank you for writing.

I would ask you to open a support ticket with your question as this forum thread is quite old and not directly related to the issue you have described. I would also like to ask you to provide more information on your setup - what type of data are you exporting, is your grid RightToLeft, what options of the exporter do you set. Creating a sample project which shows your set up will allow us to directly focus on the issue and provide you with accurate support.

Looking forward to your support ticket.

Greetings,
Ivan Petrov
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Domenico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1