Error 203 when connecting to TFS

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Javier
    Javier avatar
    5 posts

Posted 12 Jan Link to this post

Hi,

It's been a while since the last time I used Test Studio, so I updated to the latest version. 2015.3.1217.0.

Now I can't connect to Team Foundation Services and receiving the error: HTTP code 203: Non-Authoritative Information (See log below and check attached screenshot). Please note that I'm using visual studio online and I have no issues when connecting from VS 2015.

I hope someone faced the same issue than me and solved it. Not much info can be found on the web... 

[01/12 17:21:32,Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe(11216:19),TeamFoundationServer] TFSServer.ConnectToServer() : EXCEPTION! (see below)
    Situation: Exception connecting to TFS server
    Outer Exception Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TeamFoundationServiceUnavailableException
    Message: Team Foundation services are not available from server https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.visualstudio.com/defaultcollection.
    Technical information (for administrator):
    HTTP code 203: Non-Authoritative Information
    HRESULT: 0x80131600 (Official ID (if app.) = COR_E_APPLICATION, Error Bit = FAILED, Facility = FACILITY_URT, Code = 5632)
    Call Stack:
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationClientProxyBase.ProcessHttpResponse(HttpWebResponse response, Stream responseStream, WebException webException, XmlReader& xmlResponseReader)
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationClientProxyBase.ExecWebServiceRequest(HttpWebRequest request, XmlWriter requestXml, String methodName, HttpWebResponse& response)
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.LocationWebService.Connect(Int32 connectOptions, ServiceTypeFilter[] serviceTypeFilters, Int32 lastChangeId)
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.Connect(ConnectOptions connectOptions)
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.EnsureConnected(ConnectOptions optionsNeeded)
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.EnsureAuthenticated()
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.<EnsureAuthenticated>b__0()
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.UseCredentialsProviderOnFailure(Action action)
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.EnsureAuthenticated()
    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationServer.EnsureAuthenticated()
    at ArtOfTest.Common.TFSClient.TFSServer.ConnectToServer(IServerInfo server)

[01/12 17:21:32,Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe(11216:19),TeamFoundationServer] TFSServer.ConnectToServer() : ------- Function End ------- 

2. Ivaylo
    Admin
    Ivaylo avatar
    750 posts

Posted 15 Jan Link to this post

Hеllo Javier,

Unfortunately this is not Test Studio error. Also when using the service Test Studio is not handling the login. Try connecting to the tfs service through a browser and on success try connecting using Test Studio, does this make any difference?

Regards,
    Ivaylo
    Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!
  3. Javier
    Javier avatar
    5 posts

Posted 15 Jan in reply to Ivaylo Link to this post

Yes, it was in my mind that it could be a problem outside Test Studio.

After trying a couple of options I finally installed Team Explorer and that solved the issue. I already have Visual Studio 2015 Community installed so maybe Team Explorer installed some libraries that were missing before....

Anyway... problem is solved

Thanks!

4. Ivaylo
    Admin
    Ivaylo avatar
    750 posts

Posted 19 Jan Link to this post

Hello Javier,

Glad to hear installing Team Explorer solved the issue for you and thank you for the update.

I am closing this case.

Regards,
    Ivaylo
    Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!