This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error 203 when connecting to TFS

3 Answers 158 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Javier asked on 12 Jan 2016, 08:28 PM

Hi,

It's been a while since the last time I used Test Studio, so I updated to the latest version. 2015.3.1217.0.

Now I can't connect to Team Foundation Services and receiving the error: HTTP code 203: Non-Authoritative Information (See log below and check attached screenshot). Please note that I'm using visual studio online and I have no issues when connecting from VS 2015.

I hope someone faced the same issue than me and solved it. Not much info can be found on the web... 

[01/12 17:21:32,Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe(11216:19),TeamFoundationServer] TFSServer.ConnectToServer() : EXCEPTION! (see below)
Situation: Exception connecting to TFS server
Outer Exception Type: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TeamFoundationServiceUnavailableException
Message: Team Foundation services are not available from server https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.visualstudio.com/defaultcollection.
Technical information (for administrator):
HTTP code 203: Non-Authoritative Information
HRESULT: 0x80131600 (Official ID (if app.) = COR_E_APPLICATION, Error Bit = FAILED, Facility = FACILITY_URT, Code = 5632)
Call Stack:
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationClientProxyBase.ProcessHttpResponse(HttpWebResponse response, Stream responseStream, WebException webException, XmlReader& xmlResponseReader)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationClientProxyBase.ExecWebServiceRequest(HttpWebRequest request, XmlWriter requestXml, String methodName, HttpWebResponse& response)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.LocationWebService.Connect(Int32 connectOptions, ServiceTypeFilter[] serviceTypeFilters, Int32 lastChangeId)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.Connect(ConnectOptions connectOptions)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.EnsureConnected(ConnectOptions optionsNeeded)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.FrameworkServerDataProvider.EnsureAuthenticated()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.<EnsureAuthenticated>b__0()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.UseCredentialsProviderOnFailure(Action action)
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.EnsureAuthenticated()
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TeamFoundationServer.EnsureAuthenticated()
at ArtOfTest.Common.TFSClient.TFSServer.ConnectToServer(IServerInfo server)

[01/12 17:21:32,Telerik.TestStudio.Desktop.exe(11216:19),TeamFoundationServer] TFSServer.ConnectToServer() : ------- Function End ------- 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2016, 12:34 PM
Hеllo Javier,

Unfortunately this is not Test Studio error. Also when using the service Test Studio is not handling the login. Try connecting to the tfs service through a browser and on success try connecting using Test Studio, does this make any difference?

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 15 Jan 2016, 02:15 PM

Yes, it was in my mind that it could be a problem outside Test Studio.

After trying a couple of options I finally installed Team Explorer and that solved the issue. I already have Visual Studio 2015 Community installed so maybe Team Explorer installed some libraries that were missing before....

Anyway... problem is solved

Thanks!

Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jan 2016, 01:30 PM
Hello Javier,

Glad to hear installing Team Explorer solved the issue for you and thank you for the update.

I am closing this case.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Javier
Top achievements
Rank 1