This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DragDrop in 2011 q1 sp1

11 Answers 103 Views
Treeview
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sonya L
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sonya L asked on 04 May 2011, 10:55 PM
I currently have a treeview bound to a binding list, and have AllowDragDrop and AllowDrop set to true.  However, none of the drag events are firing.  Is there something else I need to set?  The documentation does not seem to be updated for this version.  Thanks!

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2011, 04:24 PM
Hello Sonya,

Thank you for writing.

The documentation is updated and now you can find the answers to your questions there. Please note that currently the drag and drop functionality works only in unbound mode.

Should you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. 

All the best,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Q1’11 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.
Sonya L
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 May 2011, 04:32 PM
Why doesn't this work in bound mode?  it worked fine in previous versions.  Is this a bug?
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2011, 07:39 AM
Hi Sonya,

As you know, in Q1 2011 we have introduced a refactored version of RadTreeView. One of the main upgrades that we have made is that we changed the data and presentation layers of the control. Currently, with the new data layer, the insert operation required by the drag and drop functionality is not implemented. However, we are planning to implement such a functionality in a future release. Please follow this link, where you can add your vote for this feature request.

I hope the provided information addresses your question. Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Q1’11 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.
mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2011, 03:40 PM
This issue says 'resolved' in PITS, does that mean it's now available to downlaod in the latest internal build?

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2011, 08:25 AM
Hi mark,

Thank you for writing.

The issue status is actually "Open", but not "Resolved", which means that it is not implemented yet.

Should you have any other questions, or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Stefan
the Telerik team
mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jul 2011, 06:16 PM
Are there any ways around this? I was hoping this functionality would return in Q2 but doesn't look like it is :(

Svett
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2011, 02:11 PM
Hello Mark,

You can work around this by using RadTreeView in unbound mode instead of using data source binding. The issue is not trivial and needs redesigning the tree's data engine.

Regards,
Svett
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2013, 03:42 PM
Public Issue Tracker says this issue is resolved. Has this been fixed or PIT is still incorrect. If not fixed can you tell me the ETA on implementing this feature?

John
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 28 Mar 2013, 01:36 PM
Hi John,

Yes this issue is addressed and you can use drag & drop functionality in RadTreeView when using bound mode. If you need assistance with this scenario, I will be glad to help.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team
WinForms Q1 2013 boasts PivotGrid, PDF Viewer, Chart enhancements and more. Check out all of the latest highlights.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2013, 05:49 AM
Jack,

Glad to hear treeview drag and drop works in bound mode; but, I can't seem to find much information about it. I have searched windform documentation, knowledge base, forum, and code library.
Do you have a sample program (in VB) demonstrating this feature for me to study?

John
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 10 Apr 2013, 02:00 PM
Hello John,

There is no specific documentation about this because there is almost no difference between the drag & drop feature in bound and in unbound mode. The only limitation is that you cannot reorder items in bound mode because the item order has no relevance in SQL data sets. In order to turn on this feature you should set the AllowDragDrop feature to true. Here is a full sample in VB:
Dim MyRadTreeView1 As RadTreeView = New RadTreeView
MyRadTreeView1.Dock = DockStyle.Fill
Controls.Add(MyRadTreeView1)

Dim table As DataTable = New DataTable()
table.Columns.Add("ID", GetType(Integer))
table.Columns.Add("ParentID", GetType(Integer))
table.Columns.Add("Name", GetType(String))

For I As Integer = 1 To 10
    table.Rows.Add(I, Nothing, "Name " & I)
Next

MyRadTreeView1.DataSource = table
MyRadTreeView1.DisplayMember = "Name"
MyRadTreeView1.ParentMember = "ParentID"
MyRadTreeView1.ChildMember = "ID"
MyRadTreeView1.AllowDragDrop = True

I hope it helps.

Greetings,
Jack
the Telerik team
WinForms Q1 2013 boasts PivotGrid, PDF Viewer, Chart enhancements and more. Check out all of the latest highlights.
Tags
Treeview
Asked by
Sonya L
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Sonya L
Top achievements
Rank 1