Thank you for your interest in Test Studio.
I would like to share the following details about Test Studio Mobile that I believe will answer your questions:
1. Test Studio Mobile installs on Windows machines only as part of the Ultimate bundle.
2. Test recording (Native apps, Hybrid apps, Mobile apps) works only in Test Studio Mobile i.e. on Windows machines.
3. Test Execution works on Windows, Mac and Linux machines. Since Test Studio Mobile doesn't install on Mac/Linux machines, we provide a dedicated runtime packs
for those scenarios.
4. On a windows machine that have Test Studio Mobile installed, you can record and execute Native(Android & iOS), Hybrid(Android), and Web tests on devices connected to it.
5. For Native/Hyrbid tests, devices connect to the Test Stduio Mobile through a native Android/iOS agent app
that is free for download from AppStore/GooglePlay.
6. For Web tests, devices connect to the Test Stduio Mobile through a browser running on the device
. For example you can a Safari browser running on an iPhone device and record and execute web tests on it.
More information about testing requirements in Test Studio Mobile can be found here
. The complete product documentation
provides additional details about the different features of the product.
Let us know if you have more questions or need further clarification.
Telerik by Progress