Can't reach the remote executor; exception: An error occurred while sending the request.

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Chun
    Chun avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 02 Aug Link to this post

    Hello,

    I noticed this morning that one of my test lists failed in my nightly build. The name of the failed test list is OfficialUndoRedo3Deep, it contains 24 tests as indicated by the attached screenshot TestListView.png and it is displayed in red my results viewer (as shown in NotSelected.png). The attached screenshot ResultView.png shows my results view with the failed test list selected.

    This screenshot gives rise to a few issues.

    1. Firstly, it says that 26 tests passed out of total 26 executed. As mentioned above...the OfficialUndoRedo3Deep test list has 24 tests in it, not 26. As we can see, 2 tests were ran an extra time (back to back): DrawRectangleAndDeleteAndUndoAndDelete.tstest, RotateAndRotateAndUndoAndRotateAndUndo.tstest. I have drawn orange boxes around the corresponding tests in ResultView.png. This is not expected behavior, how could this be happening?
    2. Secondly, it says Can't reach the remote executor; exception: An error occurred while sending the request. I have also attached a snippet of my execution servers test log that corresponds to the time this test list was ran (10:03 - 11:14). It is in the Telerik Test Studio Trace Log.zip file. Does the log shed any light on the message mentioned above?

    Thanks!

     

  2. Chun
    Chun avatar
    12 posts
    Member since:
    May 2013

    Posted 02 Aug Link to this post

    I would like to add that I noticed the duplicate test lists in the result view have the same exact times in the End Time column suggesting the given test list wasn't ran 2x, but actually reported 2 results of the same test run.
  3. Boyan Boev
    Admin
    Boyan Boev avatar
    1040 posts

    Posted 05 Aug Link to this post

    Hi Chun,

    This is a duplicate of your ticket number 1054800. Let's continue the discussion there.

    Thank you!

    Regards,
    Boyan Boev
    Telerik by Progress
     
    The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!
  4. chris
    chris avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2015

    Posted 10 Aug in reply to Boyan Boev Link to this post

    We are having the same problem. 
  5. Boyan Boev
    Admin
    Boyan Boev avatar
    1040 posts

    Posted 15 Aug Link to this post

    Hi Chris,

    Fortunately we have reproduced this issue and our developers are now investigating it. You can check it here.

    Meanwhile you can try the following:

    The scheduling setup is quite complex and there are lots of connections that might be messed up. The behavior you describe leads me to the conclusion that the storage is actually the reason for that behavior. And therefore I would like to ask you to drop the database or only the tests and testlists collections which will ensure saving your previous results. You could use Robomongo to connect to the storage and select only the above mentioned collections to prevent the loss of results. 

    If the above suggestion does not bring any success please execute the faulty test list and generate the application log. Along with that collect the remote executor log as well. Please clear both logs prior starting the faulty execution to ensure only relative records will be captured within. 

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Regards,
    Boyan Boev
    Telerik by Progress
     
    The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
    and send us your feedback!
Back to Top