This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can we automate SAP Application using VS2010 and WebAii Framework?

5 Answers 129 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Saran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Saran asked on 06 Sep 2010, 02:22 PM

HI,

I am new to WebAii Framework, I want to start Automation SAP application using VS2010 and WebAii Frame work. Please let me know if it is possible to automate SAP application using WebAii Frame work, If possibe let me know If there is any pre-requiste before starting the automation like Installing xyz controls etc.

SAP Application details :
Portal : NetWeaver Portal
Languages used : ABAP and Java

My System details:
Windows XP SP3

VisualStudio 2010

WebAii 2.0

Please let me know if any details requried

Regards,

SaranKumar V

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolai
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2010, 08:35 AM
Hello Saran,

We are not familiar with SAP's NetWeaver portal but in general if on the client side you receive just HTML and JavaScript I don't see any reason for the automation not to work.

We also have 30 days trial period so you can download and install the WebUI TestStudio and evaluate it to see will it fit your needs.

All the best,
Nikolai
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Vaibhav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2013, 12:55 PM
Hi Saran,

Were you able to automate the SAP application using Telerik Test Studio? Please let me know the issues that you have faced and how you were able to proceed ? I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaibhav Gupta
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2013, 04:35 PM
Hi Vaibhav,

Test Studio is an innovative and easy-to-use automated Web and WPF testing solution encompassing essential technologies such as: 

- ASP.NET AJAX
- Silverlight
- PHP
- MVC

Test Studio also supports Silverlight out of browser testing.

As my colleague said in the previous post If on the client side you receive just HTML, JavaScript, Silverlight or if you are using a WPF application we don't see any reason for the automation not to work.

You can download 30 days trial Test Studio from our site and evaluate it to see will it fit your needs.

Greetings,
Boyan Boev
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Prabas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2013, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I was trying to automate sap GUI , but it is not recording.As it is not a web application I have chosed WPF.But the sap gui is too not a wpf application.
Vaibhav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2013, 08:24 AM
Hi Prabas,

Even I tried to perform the POC for SAP Test Automation using Telerik but it seems that Telerik doesnot support SAP and SAP is not a WPF application.

So, If possible go for any other tool like QTP, SAP TAO or Testing Anywhere.

Thanks & Regards,
Vaibhav Gupta
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Saran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolai
Telerik team
Vaibhav