This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2010 Windows Forms Designer Problems

1 Answer 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
erwin asked on 20 Oct 2010, 04:28 PM

I recently run into weird redraw problems with the Forms Designer on a Windows XP Tablet Edition PC. Turned out to be related to the hardware acceleration settings of the graphics card driver. I've read that WPF can have problems with some display drivers. Has anybody experienced the same, in particular together with the Telerik Controls?

Symptoms were:
    Controls do not draw correctly in designer mode
    Container Controls do not draw
    Cannot select the Task menu
    Controls are invisible while moving them around on a Form

Workaround for now is to disable some of the HW Acceleration Features, especially Direct Draw related Settings.

Regards
Erwin

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi erwin,

Thank you for the writing.

I tested a case similar to yours, but I was not able to reproduce the described behavior. This most probably means that you have outdated display drivers. The only thing I can suggest is to try this on another machine with different video card or with updated video drivers.

If you experience the issue on the other machine, please send me the project. This will allow me to debug the case locally and provide you with further assistance.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
erwin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Share this question