Due to some limitations and issues with the Winform version of RadSpellChecker I started investigating using the WPF version instead through an ElementHost.
I discovered that I didn't need the ElementHost and that I could get the WPF RadSpellChecker to take my text and "pop up" by doing the following:
- Added Reference to "Telerik.Windows.Documents.Proofing"
- Added Using of "Telerik.Windows.Controls"
- Created WPF Textbox like so --> var txtControl = new System.Windows.Controls.TextBox();
- Assigned some test text to it --> txtControl.Text = "This isn't speelt rite.";
- Ran the static Check() method --> RadSpellChecker.Check(txtControl, SpellCheckingMode.AllAtOnce);
This almost works, I get the SpellCheck window with my text in it but there aren't any words in the dictionary. Because of the way I'm doing it would I need to add the base English Dictionary back in? Am I making some other rookie mistake? Attached is an image of what I am seeing and below is the simple code snippet in it's entirety.
"This isn't speelt rite."
P.S. I didn't know if this belonged in the Winform or WPF forum, sorry.