This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading from Wincontrols Q1 2010 to Wincontrols Q2 2010

2 Answers 83 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Carol Watson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carol Watson asked on 21 Jul 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure this question has been already asked but..
I have a pretty large Vb.net project that uses the combo box, listbox and TabStrip controls pretty heavily.  The project is already just about halfway thru but these controls have been changed in the Q2 2010.  So my question is, will the Upgrade wizard change the controls, replacing the old with the new, or, will I be forced to have to go into each of the forms replacing one with the other as shown in the videos.?  Trying to get a handle on how much my Schedule  may be adjusted with this change.
Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2010, 04:38 PM
Hello Carol Watson,

Thank you for the question.

The Upgrade Wizard will just update the project references to the Telerik assemblies and it will not do any modifications to your code. Currently, the only way to switch to the new controls is the one demonstrated in the videos. However, we plan to introduce tools which allow you to easily convert the old controls (RadPanelBar, RadTabStrip, RadComboBox, RadListBox) to the new ones - RadPageView, RadListControl and RadDropDownList. These tools will be available in Q2 2010 SP1 due in the middle of the next week.

I hope this information asnwers your question.

Kind regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Carol Watson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2010, 10:30 PM
Thank you for your response... I will wait for that release before attempting to do the switch...
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Carol Watson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Carol Watson
Top achievements
Rank 1