This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

REFRESH GRID

3 Answers 371 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Erik asked on 31 Jul 2007, 10:39 AM
Hi,
I have grid bound to dataset filled by the dataadapter. How to refresh the grid without having to grid.datasource=dataset when you modify the table using command as sqlcommand.

If I reload the grid.datasource=dataset is very slow. I wanted to use grid.refresh.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dwight
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2007, 03:12 PM
Hi eriksurya,

Once the dataset is changed, the grid's data layer is informed and takes care for the update. There might be some specific details related to your case which prevent the data layer from being updated with the changes changes.

Can you, please, provide us with a simple test project that exposes the problem you are experiencing so that we can analyze it further and provide you with solution. Thank you, and please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Regards,
Evtim
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Jan 2009, 12:26 AM
Hi

I have a similar problem.

I have a grid with a "non-bound" column. The data in the non-bound column is then changed. How do I refresh/redraw the grid ?

It does not refresh automatically !!

Kind Regards

David
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jan 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi David,

The data for the unbound columns must be changed automatically when you directly update the data:

this.radGridView1.Rows[0].Cells[0].Value = "Ana Trujillo"
this.radGridView1.Rows[0].Cells[1].Value = "890"

If you continue experiencing the issue, please open a new support ticket and send me a sample application which demonstrates it. This will allow me to provide you with further assistance.

All the best,

Julian Benkov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dwight
Telerik team
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2