This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem using desert theme on treeview in Office2010 themed app

1 Answer 34 Views
Treeview
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark Ogle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark Ogle asked on 14 May 2010, 05:53 AM
Hi All

I have an app using the Office2010 theme.

But we prefer the desert theme for our tree view. I used this code to force the theme

private static void ForceTreeviewTheme(RadTreeView tv)
        {
           // tv.EnableTheming = false;
            tv.ThemeName = "Desert";
            tv.RootElement.ForceReApplyStyle();
            tv.RootElement.ForceApplyTheme();
        }

It worked ok but the node back colours were still Office2010 grey and I cannot see the node selection colour when I click and select a node.
If I do not disable theming or re-enable it I get the Office 2010 theme again, making me think I have not actually applied the theme at all!

What is the best way to achieve this goal?

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2010, 03:25 PM
Hi Mark Ogle,

Thank you for writing.

Please specify whether you are using the ApplicationThemeName property to set the theme for your application. If you are using it, you will not be able to set a theme to an individual control. If you set the theme to all controls individually, then you will have no troubles modifying each control. I realize this behavior may be inconvenient for you and this is why we will consider improving it.

I am looking forward to your reply.

All the best,
Victor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Treeview
Asked by
Mark Ogle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Victor
Telerik team
Share this question
or