This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Poor performance in version 2012.1.321

3 Answers 67 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sverre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Sverre asked on 04 May 2012, 11:05 PM
Hi!

I've encountered a problem with bad performance in RadControls for WinForms ver. 2012.1.321. After upgrading from version 2011.2.831, my application really drags its feet. I've pinned down one line of code that runs slower on the new version, but its not the only one:

private RadTreeNode FindNodeWithTag(object oId)
{
   DateTime start = DateTime.Now;
    try
    {
        return rtvLassListe.Find(delegate(RadTreeNode n) { return ((n.Tag == oId) ? true : false); });

}
    finally
    {
        ErrorLog.LogErrorMessage( (DateTime.Now - start).TotalMilliseconds.ToString() + " ms i FindNodeWithTag()" );
    }
}

This function logs 1-2 milliseconds in the 2011-version, compared to about 85000 in the 2012 version the first time it runs. Later runs on the same code have less differences, but still uses about 5-10 times as much time as the earlier version.

Uninstalling the 2012-version and reverting to the 2011-version fixes the problem. No other changes...

I did get an error message during installation that stated: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2318." 

Could the installation error be the source of the problem, or are there other known problems?

What kind of error does the error code 2318 represent, and how can I get rid of the error?

Greetings,
Sverre H.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2012, 02:36 PM
Hi Sverre,

Thank you for writing.

Could you please provide me with a sample application indicating the problematic areas, so I can investigate them locally and provide you with adequate support.

In regards to the installation, it cannot be the reason for slowing down a control.

About the 2318 error, here is what I found:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/is/Forefrontclientgeneral/thread/b702ce0c-4762-4f90-8f12-28fb0ff21e55.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

I am looking forward to your sample project.

Greetings,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q1'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Sverre
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 May 2012, 02:03 AM
Hi, and Thank You for your reply!

I've submitted support ticket 546087 with attached test-project...

Sincerely,
Sverre H. 
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
answered on 23 May 2012, 02:49 PM
Hi Sverre,

Please view the answer in your support ticket.

Regards,
Julian Benkov
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q1'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sverre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
Sverre
Top achievements
Rank 2