New build does not always work

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Gerrit
    Gerrit avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2010

    Posted 12 Feb 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Icenium

    We are having issues that delays our deadlines, this is what happens:

    1. We build a new app, and it works great.
    2. The client request changes and we make it and build a new version.
    3. Now in the new version, code that we did not change suddenly does not work anymore.
    4. Now we don't make any changes, and build it again and now all works again.

    We had a specific instance now where the dates react differently in the two different builds.

    This is very frustrating because we can't test every time everything on every new build.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Gerrit 
  2. Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 12 Feb 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Gerrit,

    We understand your concerns but just saying something does not work on random basis and being the first one to report such a problem, does not help us in identifying the problem. We would need more information:
    • Does this happen for Android or iOS build? Do you build in Debug or Release?
    • How do you identify that a code does not work. Are you Debugging on Device and getting errors in the code?
    • If you identify such code, can you provide a sample code that fails randomly?

    If the problem is related to services connectivity or if you just want to track down your device session,
    you can setup Fiddler which would give you a clue what's going on.

    Regards,
    Steve
    Telerik
    Icenium is now Telerik AppBuilder, and is part of the Telerik Platform. For more information on the new name, and to learn more about the Platform, register for the free online keynote and webinar on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT)
  3. Gerrit
    Gerrit avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2010

    Posted 13 Feb 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Steve

    * It happens for Android and Apple, and it happens in debug and release mode.
    * How we identify it is as follows :
       We have javascript validation, it mainly check for textboxes for values. With the one build it validates and it tells you, that there need to be   a value, on the next build with no changes, the validation does not fire at all.

    We are based in South-Africa, so i'm not sure where the servers are that we are connecting to, if there could be connectivity issues perhaps that will result in this issue perhaps.

     I will setup fiddler to see if we can see anything that could perhaps explain this issue we are having.

    Kind Regards
    Gerrit

Back to Top