1. The available verifications are based on what type of element you're targeting. It would be helpful if you can provide a public site that contains the same type of element you're verifying. Most elements with text content can be verified with a Quick Verification
2. Run-Time Edition is a separate product and not a part of the Standalone version or the VS plugin. It is intended to be installed on an Execution server that does not have another form of Test Studio on it. There's no GUI and it only executes tests created from other machines.
4. The "compiled application" download link on that article has been removed due to an issue and the C# and VB projects have been updated. Either download one of the sample projects or use the example code to make your own app to see this implementation in action.
A. You can easily generate random numbers or text using basic .NET code. We have code sample articles on these topics:
B. You have a few options here:
- Use the BaseURL feature. This will be a manual change each time, however.
- Data drive the NavigateTo step, as explained here. You'll need a data source that contains all the URLs.
- Use code to select a Random Row from that data source for a single iteration.
- Use code to perform Non-Iterative Data Driven Testing and sequentially perform a single iteration.
- Use the Random Text code mentioned above to combine the static portion of the URL (http://myserver:8080/) with a random path (cfruggfvufviuvf).
the Telerik team