This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MultiResolutionImage for Windows Phone 8.0 with screen resolution 1080p

3 Answers 40 Views
MultiResolutionImage
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ankit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ankit asked on 17 Nov 2014, 11:09 AM

Hi I am developing Windows Phone 8.0 App for all resolution.
Now from the this link Multi-resolution apps for Windows Phone 8 there are 4 resolution for Windows Phone 8.0 .
from this link of telerik Telerik UI for WindowsPhone : RadMultiResolutionImage there is code like this 

Image.Screen-WVGA.png - the image that will be used for the WVGA resolution (480x800)
Image.Screen-720p.png - the image that will be used for the 720p resolution (720x1280)
Image.Screen-WXGA.png - the image that will be used for the WXGA resolution (768x1280)

Now , there is no specification for resolution 1080 x 1920 . I have tried Image.Screen-1080p.png but it is not working.

Please reply ,
Thank You.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2014, 10:41 AM
Hello,

The MultiResolutionImage control internally checks the scale factor of the application to determine which image to use. As you can see in the Multi-resolution apps for Windows Phone 8 article the scale factor for 720p and 1080p is 1.5x, so in this case the Image.Screen-720p.png â€‹will be used both for 720p and 1080p resolutions. 

I hope this helps. Let me know should you need further assistance.

Regards,
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Ankit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Nov 2014, 03:49 AM
Hi Thanks for reply.
And yes I know size of resolution 720p and  1080p are same and also WVGA and WXGA are same but still we put Image.Screen-WVGA.png and Image.Screen-WXGA.png  in same folder for resolution WVGA and WXGA. Am I right? So we should also put Image.Screen-720p.png  for 720p Resolution and Image.Screen-1080p.png like for 1080p resolution?
I have tried with Image.Screen-1080p.png Image with same size as 720p Image and without this Image , in both the cases App is crashed for 1080p Resoltuion but when I cheched for other resolution like 720p, WVGA or WXGA in all cases it works nice. So for 1080p Resolution What to do?
As per TELERIK Image.Screen-WVGA.png - the image that will be used for the WVGA resolution (480x800)
Image.Screen-720p.png - the image that will be used for the 720p resolution (720x1280)
Image.Screen-WXGA.png - the image that will be used for the WXGA resolution (768x1280)bellowed names are use for respective resolution and must be put in single folder and at xaml side we have just give source as "/FolderName/Image.png" 

Image.Screen-WVGA.png - the image that will be used for the WVGA resolution (480x800)
Image.Screen-WXGA.png - the image that will be used for the WXGA resolution (768x1280)
So my question is what is name should be given to image for resolution 1080p??

Accepted
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Nov 2014, 10:32 AM
Hi,

I was trying to explain that the Telerik RadMultiResolutionImage control selects which image to use based on the returned scale factor. The WVGA resolution does not have scale factor and returns 1x, the WXGA resolutions has 1.6x scale factor, the 720p as well as 1080p have 1.5x scale factor. This means that on both 720p and 1080p resolutions our control will select the Image.Screen-720p.png.
I have tested this on 1080p emulators and also on a Nokia Lumia 1520 and it works as described. I have attached the sample project to demonstrate. 
Could you please take a look and tell if this works on your side too? If not, could you please elaborate on which device the picture is not shown?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
MultiResolutionImage
Asked by
Ankit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivaylo Gergov
Telerik team
Ankit
Top achievements
Rank 1