This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to handle out of case in drill down event of Radchart View in winforms

1 Answer 63 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jake asked on 30 Sep 2016, 10:56 AM
Hi,
I am using radchart view control in winforms. I have problem is that i used a drill down event on that and define a Case 0 , Case 1 and Case 2 it means three level but when i was in third level and then click on chart it calls the drill down event and there is no any Case 3 is define so report populate blank.
I need to handle that when i am in third level and click on chart report should not populate blank and needs go back to third level.
How can do this in winforms using VB.Net.
Your help will be appreciable

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2016, 03:57 PM
Hello Jake,

Thank you for writing.

The Drill event will fire only for the views you have added to the RadChartView.Views collection. It appears that you have added an additional view which is not handled in the Drill event handler. In case you are clearing the series, it is expected to have the chart empty if you are not handling the last case. If it fits your setup you can call the charts RadChartView.DrillToTop method.

Please check the following documentation article: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/chartview/features/drill-down. Additionally, you may also consider setting the chart`s ShowDrillNavigation property to true.

I hope this helps. Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Hristo Merdjanov
Telerik by Progress
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Tags
ChartView
Asked by
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Share this question
or