In order to build hierarchy with Telerik RadGridView
and OpenAcess windows forms components, you should do the
- Create an ObjectProvider and ObjectView that load the objects from the root persistent type.(e.g. Order)
- Create another ObjectProvider and ObjectView that load the persistent object that the child collection contains(e.g. OrderDetail)
- Bind the RadGridView to the first objectView datasource.
- Create a gridviewTemplate that is bound to the second objectView dataSource
- Define the relation between the master and detail grid templates(ChildColumnNames and ParrentColumnNames have the value of the column that defines the relation - OrderID)
We admit it is a bit tricky at this stage. A Knowledge Base article will be provided soon in the form of a detailed walkthrough for our customers.
We are sending you a sample project to make it easier for you to understand the workflow. It just requires the Northwind database on our machine to run properly.
the Telerik team