This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exception in VS2012 when adding radControls with designer

1 Answer 373 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Romain
Top achievements
Rank 1
Romain asked on 19 Feb 2013, 10:44 AM
Hi, 

I just migrated a solution from VS2010 to VS2012, and an exception occurs when I use the designer of VS2012 to create controls in my radForms: 
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D745): A reference to the component 'Telerik.WinControls.UI' already exists in the project.

The exception occurs only when creating RadControls by drag and dropping from the toolBox, when I add Groups to a RadRibbon by clicking on "Add new Group", it works fine.
It also works fine when I add Windows Forms controls, the problem only occurs with Telerik Controls.

I tried under VS2010 and there is no exception raised.

I didn't get the problem when i used VS2010, so is there something special to do when migrating solutions from VS2010 to vs2012 ?

ps : see the attached file to get a more complete stacktrace.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2013, 09:09 AM
Hello,

As described in your corresponding support thread, I would recommend to ensure that the same version of our controls is loaded in the toolbox and referred in your project.

To do this, please follow the steps bellow:
  1. Open the Configure Wizard (documentation: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/installation-deployment-and-distribution-vsx-creation-and-configuration-wizard.html) and check the version of the distribution used by the project
  2. Start the Toolbox Configurator (documentation: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/installation-deployment-and-distribution-vsx-toolbox-configurator.html) and ensure that the same version in loaded in the toolbox

Kind regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team
Q3'12 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is out now. See what's new.
Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Romain
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
Share this question
or