This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Errors on upgrade to v.2011.2.712

3 Answers 112 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Arnold Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1
Arnold Smith asked on 06 Sep 2011, 09:57 PM
Hi Experts,

I just downloaded MVC UI Extensions and upgraded from v.2011.1.315 to v.2011.2.725.

I followed instructions and installed the new version. I opened a project and allowed Telerik to update my project. The project compiles without errors. However, I'm now getting these error messages:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'jQuery' is undefined

Microsoft JScript runtime error: '$' is undefined

Moreover, the popup editing for Telerik grids raises these errors:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'tPanelBar'
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'tGrid'
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'tMenu'

The Head section in  _Layout looks like this:

<head>
    <title>@ViewBag.Title</title>

@(Html.Telerik().StyleSheetRegistrar().DefaultGroup(group => group.Add("telerik.common.min.css").Add("telerik.office2007.css").Combined(true).Compress(true)))

<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link rel="NSIcon" href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Images/ns_favicon.ico")" type="image/ico" />
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-1.4.4.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.validate.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.qtip-1.0.0-rc3.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

At the bottom of the same pafge I have this code:

@(Html.Telerik().ScriptRegistrar().jQuery(false).Globalization(true).DefaultGroup(group => group.Combined(true).Compress(true)))

</body>
</html>

What happened and how can I correct things?

Also, the company I'm with has purchased the Premium Suite. When I install the suite, will there be any changes I'll have to make to current MVC applications using earlier versions of Telerik's MVC Extensions?

Thank you,

Arnold

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Arnold,

In your code you disable the jQuery scripts that are components are using and embed your own version. Q2 however, works with jQuery v1.5.1 - that is the reason for the errors. If you either upgrade the external scripts or enable the jQuery via the ScriptRegistrar, you will not experience this problem anymore.

As for your last question, if you want to upgrade your existing projects with the latest version, you need either to manually upgrade the Dll, the scripts and the skins or as an alternative - to use the Upgrade Wizard. More information on the subject is available here.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Steven Archibald
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 06:34 AM
Unfortunately, in a forum response on a different, but related problem, Telerik states that jQuery version 1.5.1 makes the unobtrusive validation fail.  And Telerik recommends falling back to jquery-1.4.4, which is further claimed to work with version 2011.2.712.

I'm getting errors regardless of which of these two versions I use.  Something is seriously broken, it seems...
Vesselin Obreshkov
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 04:46 PM
I think it was all working with jQuery 1.6.2-4 too and that build you're speaking of but I've upgraded 2 builds (2011.3.1027) now so don't exactly remember which version of jQuery I was using at the time, but almost sure it was 1.6.x. Upgrade the the Q3 Beta (3.1027) - works like a treat ;) Just don't upgrade to jQuery 1.7 yet - breaks a ton of stuff.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Arnold Smith
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Steven Archibald
Top achievements
Rank 1