Thank you for writing.
The are a few steps to delay the node expanding:
- Create a timer and attach an event handler for the tick event to it.
- Set the timer Interval property to the desired delay time.
- Handle the RadTreeView DragOverNode and NodeExpandedChanging events.
- Create a bool variable and initialize it to false.
- Create a RadTreeNode object to store the node which we will expand later.
- Set the created variable to true in the DragOverNode event handler.
- In the NodeExpandedChanging event handler check the variable and if its value is true cancel the default behavior, start the timer and set our bool variable to false.
- The last step is implement the timer tick event handler. In it we just need to expand the current node and stop the timer.
I have attached a sample project which implements the described logic.
I hope this helps. Should you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WINFORMS.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Sign up for Free application insights >>