1. From you explanation I am assuming that you have the following content types/"tables" with the following sample fields that hold the reference:
- Person name
- Employer (reference to Organization)
- Organization name
- Employees (multiple references to Person)
2. Telerik Platform uses NoSQL data storage. For an example about how to model the data relationships in your use case you can read here.
3. In your case you may want to hold the relation in one place, either in Person or in Organization:
- Person content type (each person will know what is his employer)
- Organization content type (the organization will have information which are its employees).
For example, you may consider keeping the reference only in Person content type as otherwise the array of employees in the Organization content type can become quite big which might not be preferable. However, this choice depends on the data access patterns of the app, the security on type level and item level, etc. I'd also suggest that you examine the Design considerations when using a Relation expanding here.
4. After you have defined the reference in one of the content types, you can query both on:
Let me know if that helped.