RadDock problem

2 posts, 1 answers
  1. Artem
    Artem avatar
    16 posts

Posted 02 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hi, Telerik team 

I have some heavy and rich in features application. I need to support it, so even if i know it was written with some of Telerik controls that are obsolete now I am not allowed to change everything I want to. So please, excuse me for this question.

I have the following layout:
    On a winform there is a RadDock.
    In it there are two ToolTabStrips, one on the left side and the other one on the right side. In the middle there is DocumentContainer with DocumentTabStrip objects inside it.

I am asked to implement the following functionality:
    Some collapse/restore button that will hide both ToolTabStrips and maximize form.  On restore it should return ToolTabStrips to their places, form to normal state. I did it like this:

private void OnMenuViewFullScreenClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        _isMaximized = !_isMaximized;
        if (_isMaximized)
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
            tbutFullScreen.Checked = true;
            WindowState = FormWindowState.Normal;
            tbutFullScreen.Checked = false;

Well, there is one more thing I need to be done and I don't know how to do it. DocumentContainer should be maximized and rstored to initial size as well. How can I acheive it?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Answer
    Nikolay avatar
    1802 posts

Posted 05 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hi Artem,

Thank you for writing.

From what I can notice in your code, you are hiding and showing ToolTabStrips rather than ToolWindows. Please note that the correct objects that should be shown and hidden are the ToolWindows. After I modified your code according to this information, my DocumentContainer started getting the correct size and when this size was changed by me, it was automatically saved. I am attaching a sample project and a movie which I shot on top of the project.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Kind regards,
    the Telerik team
    RadControls for WinForms Q1'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner