This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler disappearing

10 Answers 255 Views
Scheduler and Reminder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joseph asked on 06 Jan 2011, 06:04 PM
  • Hello,
    I am a new user trying to follow along with the RadScheduler webinar introduction.  I have everything set up to the point of database binding.  I am following through the examples, set up the connections to the sql server, edited the connections, but when I get as far as binding the radscheduler to the BindingSource, the RadScheduler is invisible during runtime (however if you right click where it is supposed to be you still get a "New Appointment" menu.  It seems that all off the hard coded resources and all the properties set upon form load are not taking effect to the radscheduler ONLY if I am using the smart tag to bind the bindingSource.

Any ideas of what I may be overlooking?
    Thanks!
  • 10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
    Joseph
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 07 Jan 2011, 08:29 AM
    Attached is a picture to describe the problem I am encountering.  Everything looks great, up until the point I use the smart tag on the radscheduler to bind the data source.  Then the radscheduler is invisible during runtime, the date also seems to get thrown off and no resources show up when I try to create new appointment.  Must be something I did wrong with the datasource?  I have been trying to follow the webinar and converting Robert's C# to vb.net.  Thanks!

Private Sub RadForm1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'AppointmentsDataSet.Appointments' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.

'Me.AppointmentsTableAdapter.Fill(Me.AppointmentsDataSet.Appointments)

Dim colors() As Color = {Color.LightBlue, Color.LightGreen, Color.LightYellow, Color.Red, Color.Orange, Color.Pink, Color.Purple, Color.Peru, Color.PowderBlue}

Dim names() As String = {"Joseph Regan", "Anne Dodsworth", "Boyan Mastoni", "Richard Duncan", "Maria Shnaider", "Carmen Louis"}

For i As Integer = 0 To names.Length - 1

Dim resource As New Resource()

resource.Id =

New EventId(i)

resource.Name = names(i)

resource.Color = colors(i)

'resource.Image = Me.imageList1.Images(i)

Me.RadScheduler1.Resources.Add(resource)

Next i

RadScheduler1.HeaderFormat =

"dddd MMMM dd, yyyy"

RadScheduler1.GetDayView().DayCount = 1

RadScheduler1.ActiveView.ResourcesPerView = 5

RadScheduler1.GroupType = GroupType.Resource

Dim appointmentsAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.AppointmentsTableAdapter()

appointmentsAdapter.Fill(AppointmentsDataSet.Appointments)

Dim resourcesAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.ResourcesTableAdapter()

resourcesAdapter.Fill(AppointmentsDataSet.Resources)

Dim appointmentsResourceAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.AppointmentsResourcesTableAdapter()

appointmentsResourceAdapter.Fill(AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResources)

RadCalendar1.AllowMultipleView =

True

RadCalendar1.MultiViewRows = 3

End Sub

Private Sub RadScheduler1_ActiveViewChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.SchedulerViewChangedEventArgs)

RadScheduler1.ActiveView.ResourcesPerView = 5

End Sub

Private Sub RadCalendar1_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadCalendar1.SelectionChanged

RadScheduler1.ActiveView.StartDate = RadCalendar1.SelectedDate

End Sub

Private Sub AppointmentsDataSetBindingSource_CurrentChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles AppointmentsDataSetBindingSource.CurrentChanged

End Sub

Private Sub RadButton1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadButton1.Click

Dim appointmentTableAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.AppointmentsTableAdapter()

Dim appointmentResourcesTableAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.AppointmentsResourcesTableAdapter()

Dim deletedChildRecords As AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResourcesDataTable = Me.AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResources.GetChanges(DataRowState.Deleted)

Dim newChildRecords As AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResourcesDataTable = Me.AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResources.GetChanges(DataRowState.Added)

Dim modifiedChildRecords As AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResourcesDataTable = Me.AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResources.GetChanges(DataRowState.Modified)

Try

If deletedChildRecords IsNot Nothing Then

appointmentResourcesTableAdapter.Update(deletedChildRecords)

End If

appointmentTableAdapter.Update(AppointmentsDataSet.Appointments)

If newChildRecords IsNot Nothing Then

appointmentResourcesTableAdapter.Update(newChildRecords)

End If

If modifiedChildRecords IsNot Nothing Then

appointmentResourcesTableAdapter.Update(modifiedChildRecords)

End If

AppointmentsDataSet.AcceptChanges()

Catch ex As Exception

Throw ex

Finally

If deletedChildRecords IsNot Nothing Then

deletedChildRecords.Dispose()

End If

If newChildRecords IsNot Nothing Then

newChildRecords.Dispose()

End If

If modifiedChildRecords IsNot Nothing Then

modifiedChildRecords.Dispose()

End If

End Try

End Sub

Richard Slade
    Top achievements
    Rank 2
    answered on 07 Jan 2011, 10:31 AM
    Hello,

Unfortunatly I haven't been able to replicate your issue. I was wondering if this may be an issue with the data source. Please could you try something for me? Take your code, and add it to a new project, but leave out the
    Dim appointmentsAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.AppointmentsTableAdapter()
     appointmentsAdapter.Fill(AppointmentsDataSet.Appointments)
     Dim resourcesAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.ResourcesTableAdapter()
      resourcesAdapter.Fill(AppointmentsDataSet.Resources)
     Dim appointmentsResourceAdapter As New AppointmentsDataSetTableAdapters.AppointmentsResourcesTableAdapter()
    appointmentsResourceAdapter.Fill(AppointmentsDataSet.AppointmentsResources)

Let me know if you can then see your scheduler correctly. If this does work, what happens when you add back in the data source?
    Look forward to hearing back from you
    Richard
    Dobry Zranchev
    Telerik team
    answered on 10 Jan 2011, 10:11 AM
    Hi Joseph,

Thank you for writing.

You can find the answer to your question in the other thread that you have created about the same topic.

Greetings,
    Dobry Zranchev
    the Telerik team
    Q3’10 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download; also available is the Q1'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.
    Joseph
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 13 Jan 2011, 07:26 AM
    Thank you Richard.
    Sorry it took long to get back to you, my HDD crashed and I had to redo everything!

Yes, when I take out that code, the scheduler has reappeared again. 
    The second I click "Save" button, the scheduler disappears again, ALTHOUGH IT DOES SEEM TO SAVE!  So perhaps that code you told me to take out is incorrect?

I have isolated the problematic code:

Dim resourcesAdapter As New SchedulerDataSetTableAdapters.ResourcesTableAdapter()

resourcesAdapter.Fill(SchedulerDataSet.Resources)

When these two lines are commented out, the scheduler does appear, but does not show appointments in schedule (does seem to write to schedule -- but then the scheduler disappears!)  Attached is a screenshot of database map.  Thanks

Thanks again!

Richard Slade
    Top achievements
    Rank 2
    answered on 13 Jan 2011, 11:17 AM
    Hello,

The response from Telerik in this thread says that you have an answer in a support ticket. Has this not solved it for you?
    If not, I would suggest reconfiguring your datasource.
    Regards,
    Richard
    Joseph
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 18 Jan 2011, 07:11 AM
    Thank you everyone for pointing me in the right direction, especially about the database connections causing the problem.  The support ticket is attempting to fix the problem, thanks!
    Boneshaker
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 14 Jun 2017, 07:44 PM

I basically have the same problem if I remove the connection to the datasource the scheduler displays perfectly but with the data connection (which is populated with data) the calendar seems to "truncate" for lack of better term.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have looked at all examples and forum posts.. Code follows:

DateTime dtStart = GetMonday(DateTime.Now);
                sMain.ActiveView.StartDate = dtStart;

AppointmentMappingInfo appointmentMappingInfo = new AppointmentMappingInfo();
                ResourceMappingInfo rmi = new ResourceMappingInfo();

SchedulerBindingDataSource sbDataSource = new SchedulerBindingDataSource();

string strSQL = @"SELECT 
                                                    ooo.id,
                                                    CONVERT(DATETIME,ooo.dateBegin,108) + ' 12:00:00' dateBegin,
                                                    CONVERT(DATETIME,ooo.dateEnd,108) + ' 23:59:59' dateEnd,
                                               u.fname + LEFT(u.lName,1) + '.' agentName,
                                               ISNULL(ooo.msgOutOfOffice,'Out of Office') msgOutOfOffice,
                                                    st.scheduleType,
                                                    st.colorCode,
                                                    st.id stID
                                                FROM 
                                               users.outOfOffice ooo 
                                               INNER JOIN users u on ooo.agentId = u.phoneAgentId 
                                                    INNER JOIN oooScheduleTypes st ON ooo.scheduleType = st.id
                                                WHERE 
                                               ooo.agentID IS NOT NULL
                                               AND ooo.dateBegin BETWEEN CONVERT(NVARCHAR(10),'" + dtStart.ToString() + "',112) AND CONVERT(NVARCHAR(10),'" + sMain.ActiveView.EndDate.ToString() + "',112)";
                using (DataTable dtData = GetDataTable(strSQL))
                {
                    appointmentMappingInfo.UniqueId = "id";

appointmentMappingInfo.Start = "dateBegin";
                    appointmentMappingInfo.End = "dateEnd";
                    appointmentMappingInfo.Summary = "agentName";
                    appointmentMappingInfo.Description = "msgOutOfOffice";
                    appointmentMappingInfo.Location = "scheduleType";

appointmentMappingInfo.Visible = "Visible";

sbDataSource.EventProvider.Mapping = appointmentMappingInfo;
                    sbDataSource.EventProvider.DataSource = dtData;

rmi.Id = "stID";
                    rmi.Name = "scheduleType";
                    sbDataSource.EventProvider.Mapping = rmi;
                    sbDataSource.EventProvider.DataSource = dtData;

}
                sMain.DataSource = sbDataSource;

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
    Telerik team
    answered on 15 Jun 2017, 11:48 AM
    Hello Corey, 

Thank you for writing.  

I have tested binding RadScheduler to my SQL server and it seems to work as expected with the latest version. I have attached a sample project for your reference. I have included a backup file of my database as well. Could you please specify the exact steps how to reproduce the problem with the project? Otherwise, feel free to submit a support ticket where you can provide a runnable sample project demonstrating the problem. Thus, we would be able to make an adequate analysis of the problem and assist you further. Thank you in advance.

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions I would be glad to help.

Regards,
    Dess
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
    Boneshaker
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    answered on 15 Jun 2017, 02:17 PM

Hi Dess,

You guys are always amazingly quick at responding back -- thank you....  I am not having any luck running the sample application as I am getting the attached error -- I am running VS2017 with version 2017.2.613.40 of the Telerik controls -- any caveats there?  I was hoping to see the one line of code that would lead me to my error but I do not see it..  I am also attaching a screenshot of what the app looks like with and without the dataset attached.

--Corey--

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
    Telerik team
    answered on 16 Jun 2017, 08:27 AM
    Hello Corey, 

Thank you for writing back. 

In order to run the sample project, it is necessary to use the backup file of my sample SQL database and restore it to your local SQL server. Then, it is necessary to change the connection string in the App.config file. The following threads are quite useful how to restore from a .bak file:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1535914/import-bak-file-to-a-database-in-sql-server
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177429(v=sql.90).aspx

I hope this information helps. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Regards,
    Dess
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
    Tags
    Scheduler and Reminder
    Asked by
    Joseph
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Answers by
    Joseph
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Richard Slade
    Top achievements