This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2008Q2 RadButtonElement reappears when RadToolStripItem is moved during runtime

1 Answer 42 Views
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jack asked on 09 Sep 2008, 09:59 AM
Hello,

The following issue occurs with 2008Q2 version of the toolstrip.

I have set have a toolbar with more than one RadToolStripItems. These items have some RadButtonElements placed upon them.

During the application life cycle, some of these buttons are hidden by setting the Visibility property to ElementVisibility.Hidden

However once you move the RadToolStripItem containing the hidden button during runtime, because for example you want to reorder your toolstrip, the button suddenly reappears.

Please notifify me of your findings.

Kind regards,

Jack

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyko Markov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Jack,

Thank you for writing us.

RadToolStripItem has a specific overflow behavior of its children elements. When you drag and drop a toolstrip item and there is not enough space for a child element, the child element goes into hidden state. If you increase the size of the toolstrip item, the child element goes to visible state. Because of this, the behavior to custom set the visibility of any children elements of RadToolStripItem is not supported.

This nevertheless sounds like a good feature and we will consider redesigning RadToolStrip to support this.

If you have questions please feel free to write me.

Best wishes,
Boyko Markov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Asked by
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyko Markov
Telerik team
Share this question
or