WP8 emulator problem

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Odinko
    Odinko avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2014

    Posted 08 Aug 2014 Link to this post

    Hi there! With the new version of AppBuilder app, the support of native emulators was announced. As long as I don't have a windows phone device, I'd want to use an emulator to test my app. However any time I try it i get a BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. The details are below.
    1) I have got Windows 8.1 and a Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate with Windows Phone 8.1 emulator installed and can run my test WP apps successfully. When I create a default project and run it, the emulator runs with no alerts and works well. It does get access to the internet, I can open pages with the IE.
    2) I've attached the snapshot of my network adapters, that exist before I run the emulator with the help of AppBuilder. 1st adapter is my usual internet connection and the second is the adapter used by emulator. When I open settings for both of this connections, I see, that Hyper-V checkbox is disabled for them and Ipv6 and Ipv4 checkboxes enabled.
    3) When I'm running the emulator through the AppBuilder app, it gives the alert that asks me if I wan't to establish internet connection for the emulator. If I click no, everything goes well, except that there is no Internet connection available for the emulator. If I click yes, than I get the BSOD.
    4) After that I run the Safe Mode in Windows and see that the third network adapter was created. Now it has the copy of my main adapter settings, and the main (first) has Ipv6 and Ipv4 checkboxes disabled and a Hyper-V checkbox enabled. If I disable that new adapter, windows runs, but internet connection fails. If I leave all of them enabled, windows fails with the same BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error. If I leave the first two enabled and the third disabled, and try to enable it after windows load, I get the BSOD again.
    Could you please give my the clue of how to beat this problem.
  2. Odinko
    Odinko avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2014

    Posted 08 Aug 2014 in reply to Odinko Link to this post

    I forgot to mention, that I have all the needed settings set: virtualization enabled in Bios and Hyper-V enabled in windows, so this problem is probably not in them.
  3. Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

    Posted 12 Aug 2014 Link to this post

    Hello,

    I did some research which led me to the fact that this is a common Windows 8/8.1 issue frequently caused by old hardware drivers or third party antivirus tools.
    Basically you will have to investigate your dump file created during the crash and investigate the cause. You can open it using Windbg tool.
    Here are some articles on the matter: I hope any of them will help you solve your problem.
    Thanks.

    Regards,
    Zdravko
    Telerik
     

    Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

     
  4. Odinko
    Odinko avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2014

    Posted 14 Aug 2014 in reply to Zdravko Link to this post

    Thanks a lot for your answer! When drivers update didn't help, I noticed that an unusual component was enabled in network settings. It was an cForSpeed component of XFastLan toolikit from ASRock. When I uninstalled it, the BSOD disappeared.
  5. Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

    Posted 18 Aug 2014 Link to this post

    Hello,

    Thanks for sharing with us your findings.
    I am glad that you have been able to solve your issue and hopefully the provided information will help our community.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us for any AppBuilder related issue.

    Regards,
    Zdravko
    Telerik
     

    Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

     
Back to Top