OpenAccess is an Object Relational Mapping solution. It can help you build your data access layer faster and in a more reliable manner.
We generate your classes or your database, manage the mapping, create methods for calling stored procedures, help you generate and expose web services based on the domain model, etc. After that, we help you during runtime by providing caching mechanisms, concurrency handling, lazy loading, and other capabilities.
Of course, there are some differences between OpenAccess and EF. I would mention the following reasons you might consider for choosing OpenAccess:
1) Mapping - OpenAccess tends to be more flexible, offering you more control over what is happening with your data access. Examples include:
- support for many backends, so changing your database in the future will be possible without rewriting the data access layer
- execute changes in your model with a single click using the batch operations
- naming settings both in the model and in the database
- many other features that can come handy
2) Runtime - OpenAccess offers second level cache and a lot of control over its behavior, like configuring the connection pools, transactions isolation, concurrency, etc. Everything that is happening can be viewed and analyzed though the OpenAccess Profiler.
3) Support - if you download OpenAccess for free, you have our forums where you can get help from our team or other members of the Telerik community. In case you are licensed through the Telerik DevCraft collections, you get 24 hour support and many other support options depending on the license.
This is just a quick overview, so do not hesitate to get back to us if you are interested in any specific areas of the product.
All the best,
the Telerik team
Follow @OpenAccessORM Twitter channel to be the first one to get the latest updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs!