This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2015 No Work?

16 Answers 193 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ristogod
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ristogod asked on 21 Jul 2015, 08:30 PM
MS released VS2015. Tried it out and JustCode doesn't seem to work at all. None of our developers have had any success getting it to work. What gives?

16 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Russ
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 21 Jul 2015, 09:06 PM

Checked tools/extensions and updates  lists that JustCode is installed, but still can't see or access it.

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2015, 04:43 AM
Same issue here. It's just disappeared. VS 2015 Pro
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2015, 05:54 AM
Hello,

Version 2015.2.622 of JustCode is compatible only with Visual Studio 2015 RC because this was the latest version of VS when this JustCode build was released. In Visual Studio 2015 RTM, a slight change over the VS Extensibility API was introduced which prevented JustCode from loading. We have already released an internal build that is compatible with the RTM. You can download it and give it a try. Please, let us know if you have any further troubles with JustCode!

Regards,
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Russ
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 02:05 AM
Fixed the problem for me
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 02:50 AM

Got it working for me too - but each time I open up a new solution - JustCode throws an exception :-

System.NullReferenceException: Exception occurs on retrieving colorization tagger [HResult: 80004003]

Is there a work-around for this??

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2015, 07:15 AM
Hello Timothy,

We just released a new internal build. Could you please download it and give it a try.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2015, 12:21 PM

I installed VS 2015 PRO several days ago. Just code loads, But I see the errors(warnings) in my VS error list not on the just code error list. I have no way of telling justcode to ignore the warnings I wish to ignore. I have confirmed that I have the latest release.

Any suggestions?

Nikolay Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2015, 06:34 AM
Hello Alan,

With the announcement of Roslyn we reassessed all JustCode features and decided to base JustCode for Visual Studio 2015 on Roslyn and get rid of the duplication of work. We don't use our scanners/parsers/analyzers, anymore, instead we retrieve the syntax trees and semantics for C# and VisualBasic from Roslyn. This led to some several changes of the behavior of JustCode, one of which was that it does not provide error reporting for C#/VB in VS 14.0, anymore. What we did is to plug some analyzers in Roslyn and this is the reason our warnings are shown in Visual Studio's error grid. We are going to add our warnings in our grid at some point but, currently, we have other features with higher priority to resurrect. Even though, you are still able to ignore these warnings and there are several ways to do it:
- If you would like to disable some kind of a warning for each file, you can do it through our options - JustCode | Options | Code Analysis | Problems | C# and then mark the desired warning with the green tick.
- Also, Roslyn provides some quick fixes for ignoring warnings produced by analyzers - go to the warning you would like to ignore, open Visual Studio's LightBulb and execute one of the 'Suppress <warning id>' commands (We are going to integrate these ignoring commands in our Visual Aid, too).
- You can also see the documentation of 'SuppressMessageAttribute' as it gives you more flexibility when ignoring some kind of a warning (e.g. setting a scope to which the attribute should be applied).

I hope this was helpful, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Regards,
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik
Ristogod
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Sep 2015, 07:03 PM

We gave up trying with VS2015 initially because DataAccess not supporting VS2015 has kept us in the dark. Today we again tried using JustCode with VS2015. NOTHING WORKS!

We can't get any code formatting working at all. Just straight up doesn't work anymore.

We don't see the lightbulb and instead has to right-click to get the refactorings, but we are missing most of the refactoring options (such as in addition to pragma statements, adding attributes and lines to the GlobalSuppression.cs file).

Is JustCode in any way usable with VS2015? Or has it fallen victim like DataAccess?

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2015, 02:35 PM
Hello,

Maybe you've missed the news, but our Visual Studio 2015 version is a little bit different from the others. We are reworking JustCode to step on Roslyn. You can read more about it here - What’s Ahead for JustCode

We have done mostly all of the infrastructure changes and we are now fixing the refactorings to align to the new infrastructure.

We are doing our best to match the feature set as quickly as possible. Please, download our latest internal build and give it a try.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Jerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2016, 05:56 PM

Where can get to these internal build vers?

Nikolay Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jul 2016, 06:10 AM
Hello Jerry,

You are able to get our latest internal build via our Visual Studio extension or you can download it from our website.
Updating through Visual Studio
  1. Open Visual Studio
  2. Make sure JustCode is loaded (JustCode menu should appear in the Visual Studio's menu bar, as shown here).
  3. Open JustCode User Options dialog by clicking on Options under JustCode's menu.
  4. Find the General page, and check if 'Include internal builds when checking for updates' is enabled, if so, you can close the window, otherwise you need to enable it and save the changes.
  5. Now you need to check for updates - execute JustCode | Help | Check For Updates... command.
  6. If there is a version newer than yours, a new window will be shown. Enter your credentials (if needed) and download it.
Downloading JustCode from Telerik's website.
  1. Go to our website.
  2. Click on Your Account.
  3. Open the Downloads page.
  4. A list view with Telerik's products should be shown - find JustCode and open it.
  5. Now you should be on the Downloads for JustCode page, just click on Latest internal build and download it.

I hope this was helpful, let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik by Progress
Jeff Foley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Sep 2016, 07:18 PM

I am getting the same issues as many have listed here.  I have the latest version of JustCode, yet I cannot see the menu.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times.  I have rebooted, I have prayed...

I would REALLY like to use this tool.

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015

Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.6.01586

Installed Version: Enterprise

Architecture and Modeling Tools   00322-80000-00000-AA507
Microsoft Architecture and Modeling Tools

UML® and Unified Modeling Language™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Object Management Group, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2015   00322-80000-00000-AA507
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2015

Visual Basic 2015   00322-80000-00000-AA507
Microsoft Visual Basic 2015

Visual C# 2015   00322-80000-00000-AA507
Microsoft Visual C# 2015

Visual C++ 2015   00322-80000-00000-AA507
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - ENU   00322-80000-00000-AA507
Windows Phone SDK 8.0 - ENU

Add New File   3.5
The fastest and easiest way to add new files to any project - including files that start with a dot

ASP.NET and Web Tools 2015.1   14.1.20907.0
ASP.NET and Web Tools 2015.1

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2012.2   4.1.41102.0
For additional information, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=309563

ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools 2013   5.2.40314.0
For additional information, visit http://www.asp.net/

Azure App Service Tools v2.9.5   14.0.20810.0
Azure App Service Tools v2.9.5

Azure Data Lake Node   1.0
This package contains the Data Lake integration nodes for Server Explorer.

Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio   2.1.0000.0
Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio

Bundler & Minifier   2.1.279
Adds support for bundling and minifying JavaScript, CSS and HTML files in any project.

Color Theme Designer   1.0
Designer for creating new color themes

Common Azure Tools   1.8
Provides common services for use by Azure Mobile Services and Microsoft Azure Tools.

Crystal Reports for .NET Framework   
Crystal Reports for .NET Framework

File Nesting   2.5.63
Automatically nest files based on file name and enables developers to nest and unnest any file manually

JavaScript Language Service   2.0
JavaScript Language Service

JavaScript Project System   2.0
JavaScript Project System

Microsoft Azure Hive Query Language Service   2.1.0000.0
Language service for Hive query

Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools   1.4
Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools

Microsoft Azure Tools   2.9
Microsoft Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 - v2.9.40701.9

Node.js Tools   1.1.40329.04
Adds support for developing and debugging Node.js apps in Visual Studio

Node.js Tools - Profiling   1.1.40329.04
Profiling support for Node.js projects.

NPM Task Runner   1.3.70
Adds support for npm scripts defined in package.json directly in Visual Studio's Task Runner Explorer

NuGet Package Manager   3.5.0
NuGet Package Manager in Visual Studio. For more information about NuGet, visit http://docs.nuget.org/.

Open Command Line   2.1.176
Opens a command line at the root of the project. Support for all consoles such as CMD, PowerShell, Bash etc. Provides syntax highlighting, Intellisense and execution of .cmd and .bat files.

PreEmptive Analytics Visualizer   1.2
Microsoft Visual Studio extension to visualize aggregated summaries from the PreEmptive Analytics product.

SQL Server Analysis Services   13.0.1700.68
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer 
Version 13.0.1700.68

SQL Server Data Tools   14.0.60812.0
Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools

SQL Server Integration Services   
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
Version 13.0.1601.5

SQL Server Reporting Services   13.0.1700.68
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers 
Version 13.0.1700.68

TechTalk SpecFlow   2015.1
TechTalk SpecFlow - Binding business requirements to .NET code, http://www.specflow.org
Copyright © 2009–2013 TechTalk

Telerik WinForms VSExtensions   2016.3.909.0
Telerik UI for WinForms VSExtensions

ToolWindowHostedEditor   1.0
Hosting json editor into a tool window

TypeScript   1.8.36.0
TypeScript tools for Visual Studio

Visual Studio Spell Check Everywhere   VSSpellCheckEverywhere
An extension that enables spell checking within any Visual Studio file editor or tool window that uses WPF text boxes.
https://GitHub.com/EWSoftware/VSSpellChecker

Visual Studio Spell Checker   VSSpellChecker
An editor extension that checks the spelling of comments, strings, and plain text as you type or interactively with tool windows.
https://GitHub.com/EWSoftware/VSSpellChecker

Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps   14.0.25527.01
The Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows apps allow you to build a single universal app experience that can reach every device running Windows 10: phone, tablet, PC, and more. It includes the Microsoft Windows 10 Software Development Kit.

Web Essentials 2015.3   3.0.235
Adds many useful features to Visual Studio for web developers. Requires Visual Studio 2015

Xamarin   4.1.1.3 (34a92cd)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android   6.1.1.1 (7db2aac)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS   9.8.1.4 (3cf8aae)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.

Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Sep 2016, 01:09 PM

I agree with @Alan .

It does not help me to constantly see the red box with exclamation point ( ! ) , in VS.NET .  JustCode is so buggy I can't believe it's considered non-beta.  At least let us not constantly see the error box , nag icon , as we already no it errors out all the time.

I tried a year ago to send in log files and analysis to no avail.

Allow turning the error reporting monster OFF !

Bonus: Among other issues, now JustCode doesn't work with JustMock as advertised !  What a mess.

Thanks.

Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Sep 2016, 01:13 PM

@Svetlozar

Unfortunately that decision is haunting you guys, or it should be.  I can only guess that Roslyn is where JustCode began it's downward spiral.  That's unfortunate for your team, but the Roslyn 'integration' has failed, and JustCode is now so buggy hardly usable.

On the other hand ReSharper # works very well still, b/c they did NOT integrate Roslyn.  I feel for you guys whomever made this decision without appropriate testing.

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2016, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and I am really sorry for the inconvenience! 

We are aware of the problems we have and we are working to fix them. We will try to find the best place for JustCode in the future.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ristogod
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Russ
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Paul