VS2010 project and QA version

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Michel
    Michel avatar
    19 posts

Posted 16 Feb 2011 Link to this post

Hi

I have a test project that use WebUI Test Studio Dev Edition. One of my steps use this code:
    KeyBoard keyBoard = Pages.HttpIcareDevTechtraCa.SilverlightApp.OwnerApp.Desktop.KeyBoard;
    keyBoard.SendString("Value 1");
    keyBoard.KeyDown(System.Windows.Forms.Keys.Tab);
    keyBoard.SendString("Value 2");

And my project reference the System.Windows.Forms library.
    All compile without error in VS2010 and it run well....

But if I try to load this project with WebUI Test QA Edition, when I try to execute the test, I received an error that :

The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Does I have to add this reference inside the QA version too ? And how I do that ?

Thank you
  2. Stoich
    Admin
    Stoich avatar
    1 posts

Hi Michel,
       checkout this KB article:
    http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/support/kb/project-configuration/adding-assembly-references-in-qa-edition.aspx

Let me know if you have trouble getting this to work!

Greetings,
    Stoich
    the Telerik team
  3. Michel
    Michel avatar
    19 posts

I tried this approach and it does not work, I tried to add the System.Windows.Forms from this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0". I verified if the dll is in the GAC.

In the QA edition / UserSettings / Add reference , I can navigate to the good path and select the dll but nothing is add to the current list of references...

I use the trial version, is it a limitation of the trial version ?

Thanks
  4. Answer
    Cody
    Admin
    Cody avatar
    3360 posts

Hello Michel,

Sorry but no you can't add references from the GAC in QA edition. Instead you need to add them from the "Reference Assemblies" folder such as C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework

Second, the QA edition works only with .NET 3.5 assemblies. Thus you need to include System.Windows.Forms from the folder C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v3.5\Profile\Client

All the best,
    Cody
    the Telerik team
  Cast Your Vote at DevPro Connections! Cast Your Vote at  Win IT Pro Connections!