This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 project and QA version

3 Answers 70 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michel asked on 16 Feb 2011, 05:22 PM
Hi

I have a test project that use WebUI Test Studio Dev Edition. One of my steps use this code:
KeyBoard keyBoard = Pages.HttpIcareDevTechtraCa.SilverlightApp.OwnerApp.Desktop.KeyBoard;
keyBoard.SendString("Value 1");
keyBoard.KeyDown(System.Windows.Forms.Keys.Tab);
keyBoard.SendString("Value 2");

And my project reference the System.Windows.Forms library.
All compile without error in VS2010 and it run well....

But if I try to load this project with WebUI Test QA Edition, when I try to execute the test, I received an error that :

The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Does I have to add this reference inside the QA version too ? And how I do that ?

Thank you

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stoich
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Michel,
   checkout this KB article:
http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/support/kb/project-configuration/adding-assembly-references-in-qa-edition.aspx

Let me know if you have trouble getting this to work!

Greetings,
Stoich
the Telerik team
Michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Feb 2011, 07:26 PM
I tried this approach and it does not work, I tried to add the System.Windows.Forms from this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0". I verified if the dll is in the GAC.

In the QA edition / UserSettings / Add reference , I can navigate to the good path and select the dll but nothing is add to the current list of references...

I use the trial version, is it a limitation of the trial version ?

Thanks
Accepted
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2011, 09:33 PM
Hello Michel,

Sorry but no you can't add references from the GAC in QA edition. Instead you need to add them from the "Reference Assemblies" folder such as C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework

Second, the QA edition works only with .NET 3.5 assemblies. Thus you need to include System.Windows.Forms from the folder C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v3.5\Profile\Client

All the best,
Cody
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stoich
Telerik team