This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 and UI Virtualization

1 Answer 46 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jaish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jaish asked on 28 Mar 2015, 01:58 PM
I have 2 queries. My platform is VS 2010 with .net 4.0 web forms

1. My Telerik.Web.UI version is  2013.1.403.40. Which minimum version do I need to use to get the client side UI  Virtualization support considering above platform.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="SourceGrid" runat="server" ShowGroupPanel="false" AllowSorting="false" ShowFooter="true" AllowPaging="false" HeaderStyle-CssClass="tableHeading br" AutoGenerateColumns="false" GridLines="Both" EnableViewState="false">
<ClientSettings>           
<
Virtualization EnableVirtualization="true" InitiallyCachedItemsCount="2000" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" ItemsPerView="100"/><br>               <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true"></Scrolling>

2. Currently once I am binding huge rows date to RadGrid using client side API, grid showing a message (Please see attached image). How can I make it something meaningful that user can understand the progress of background rendering?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2015, 12:54 PM
Hello Jaish,

It is recommended to use the latest version of the controls. There is a release that just came out, the version is 2015.1.401. The controls support Visual Studio 2008 and newer and  .NET 3.5 and newer. You can check out the complete list of supported systems and frameworks in the following link.

Regarding you second query. If you would like to modify the message displayed in RadGrid when there is no data you can define a custom NoRecordsTemplate. Check out the article below that illustrates the approach.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jaish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
Share this question
or