I am seeing the same issue as Mark. I have a HubTile that I only want to display if a certain value is true. I have the HubTile in a RadWrapPanel for layout. As Mark says, if the initial Visibility setting for the HubTile is Collapsed the only way to get it to display is to change it to visible and then navigate away and back to the page again. I am seeing that it is receiving the updated Visibility value and even tried setting it manually to no avail. I have the October version of the WP7 controls.
- Create a new Windows Phone 7 project in Visual Studio 2010 that uses MVVM (preferably not Caiburn Micro).
- Add a secondary page and a way to navigate to it from the main page of the application.
- Add a RadWrapPanel to the MainPage.
- Add a RadHubTile and bind the visibility to a property in the ViewModel that is initially set to false (using the BooleanToVisibilityConverter). You can set the fallback value in the binding to whatever you wish.
- Toggle the Visibility setting. You will not see the tile
- Navigate to another page and then come back to the main page. Now the tile will be visible (assuming your property holds it's state).
If you add other built-in wp7 controls to a RadWrapPanel you will notice that they toggle their visibility as expected. If you have a RadHubTile sitting in a grid (LayoutRoot, for example) toggling the visibility for that will work as well.
Edit: It looks like if you place the RadHubTile within a Grid (with the Grid being the child of the RadWrapPanel) that the visibility behavior works as expected.