I am doing some testing with the memory usage in silverlight application using MVVM framework.
- I am using SimpleMVVMToolkit from Codeplex as a tool.
- This is a part of a test of my bigger application but the memory issue is same.
- In the sample app in the below link, please add reference to Teleri.Windows.Control
- Run the app commenting out the RadListBox or just using normal ListBox
- The result is that ItemListViewModel is not retained in memory
Now run the app using the RadListBox
You can see that the viewmodel is retained in memory. Looking at the Path to GC from JustTrace, ListItem<ITouchableItems> is holding the reference. This is same when I am using RadDiagram in my bid project. something related to ITouchable.
Could you please confirm if I am looking at this correctly?
App available from my SkDrive.