I have a RadUpload control with a RadUploadHandler ASHX embeded in a WebForm. My scenario is that I'm storing information about each uploaded file in the database (the actual file is stored in the File System) and these are displayed in a RadGrid. This all works great.
Because I have database records for each file, I need to display a status for each and that means handling the following events in my RadUploadHandler:
- UploadItemDelete: set status in DB to "canceled" for specific file record
- UploadCanceled: set status in DB to "canceled" for all pending file records
- FileUploadFailed: set status to "upload failed"
- FileUploaded: set status to "ready"
- UploadPaused/Resume: set status to "paused", etc.
I can easily handle these events in the Silverlight app of course, but I need to do the database work in the RadUploadHandler. So how to I handle/respond to those RadUpload events from the Handler? I'd love to know, thanks!!!