This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik V2014.2.724.45 not working on Asp.net 4.5

9 Answers 226 Views
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kavita
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kavita asked on 29 Sep 2014, 06:55 PM

Hello,

We were using Telerik Controls for our Asp.net 3.4 project
till this and now when we decided to upgrade to Asp.net 4.5 we had to upgrade
to Telerik latest controls and so I did.

I downloaded Telerik v 2014.2.724.45,I also using
AjaxcontrolToolkit v4.0.30319 and now If I Start running project for Asp.net
4.5 I see the below error on each page.

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property
'UI' of undefined or null reference

I read few things related to this which mentions not to use TelerikRadscriptManager
Is that the case causing this error ? Any more details would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Kavita Tengse.

Developer (Pgi.com)

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2014, 11:17 AM
Hello,

Please refer to the following support resources here and here for troubleshooting steps. In case the provided solutions does not give results, please open a support ticker.

Regards,
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

mohd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Mar 2015, 02:46 PM
HI
previously my application had Version=2012.3.1308 for asp.net framework 3.5 , Now I have upgraded  telerik Version=2012.3.1308 to 2013.3.1324 for asp.net framework 4.5

but I am getting the error "asp.net ajax client-side framework failed to load." and all controls are not working , I am able to see all combo box are not showing data and date controls are not working after clicking on it.

Is 2013.3.1324 is suitable for asp.net 4.5 if not which version will be compatible please update soon. I am waiting for your quick reply.

Thanks,
Mohd Moiz A.

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2015, 04:49 PM
Hi,

Since you are using Ajax Toolkit controls, you should make sure that you are using a ToolkitScriptManager instead of RadScriptManager as suggested in the first thread, provided by my colleague. The ToolkitScriptManager should have its CombineScripts property set to false:

<asp:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server" ID="ScriptManager1" CombineScripts="false"   />

If this configuration does not help you solve the issue faced, you may refer to the ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load forum thread or this stackover thread, which deal with the error in question. As the error could have numerous causes, I urge you to pay attention to all steps suggested. One of these tips could solve your case, but I cannot pinpoint which one exactly.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

mohd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 06:55 AM
Thanks support team for your immense support above script is working fine for me if I add the AjaxControlToolkit.dll and <asp:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server" ID="ScriptManager1" CombineScripts="false" /> which you mention above but we are not using any AjaxControlToolkit in our application, we are using the below scripts in our application.

1 - <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" AsyncPostBackTimeout="3600"/>

2 - <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="ajxPanel" LoadingPanelID="ajxLoadingPanel" runat="server"
         EnableOutsideScripts="true" EnableAJAX="true">

We are using the RadAjaxPanel panel which is the part of the telerik but we not using the ajax separately, could you please provide a solutions for the same.

Thanks,
Mohd Moiz A.

Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 09:02 AM
Hello,

It seems that you do not need to use the ToolkitScriptManager, since you are not using AjaxControlsToolkit.
However, did you go through the other resources provided by me and my colleague above? Since the error can be caused by various problems in configuring the app, thus there are many possible changes needed to fix it. So I would recommend you to go through some of the suggestions in these threads. Since several users said that setting the RadScriptManager property EnableScriptCombine="false" solved their error, you may start with testing if this property would help you out.

Let us know, if any of the suggested solutions works for you.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

mohd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 03:12 PM
Awesome , that property works for me, Thanks alot for giving quick response with correct solutions, that's already updated in other blogs but I didn't noticed , at last I came across once more issue when I clicked a button and getting the results in grid view:

Unhandled exception at line 3808, column 23 in http://localhost:xyz/ScriptResource.axd?d=ApcPwYWd7NfgiZWoZyPZlKjOhi1ZHJDRd-q__lAPCHNsWWBV1EmQqnbBh04_S4XD9uvvQlVKORxL2odexSOdVb9D_2A_tRwiXQvZeHszBWPv9ntKDw9bYseCjNKKFh0yZ6WLsb4e0q6yrwP3oBthycl2hvgMno-1OLn-h-YoqU9Ie-5c49W_muQX4eVsd9HD0&t=ca758f3

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentException: Value must not be null for Controls and Behaviors.

kindly let me know if any solution for the above issue, I have gone through the other blogs but haven't found a proper reason for the above issue. Thanks again for your support.

Thanks,
Mohd Moiz A.
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 03:48 PM
Hello,

I am glad to know that you have managed to fix the previous issue.

In order to assist you in the most efficient way and to keep threads consistent, I would suggest that you open a separate Support Ticket for the RadGrid error. It would be helpful if you include an isolated sample project that can be used for replicating the issue.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

mohd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 04:30 PM
Hi Dimitar,

Thanks for your suggestions, I am about open a separate ticket but its got solved by setting below two properties in web.config.

1. Set appSetting “vs:EnableBrowserLink” to “false ““. This will  disable Browser Link. 
2. Set debug= false in web.config file.

<appSettings>
<add key="vs:EnableBrowserLink" value="false"/>
</appSettings>
In the Web.config file, set debug to false.<system.web>
<compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.5" />
</system.web>

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Mohd Moiz A. 
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2015, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I am glad to hear that you have managed to solve the errors with these settings.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Tags
ScriptManager and StyleSheetManager
Asked by
Kavita
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
mohd
Top achievements
Rank 1