This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Data Access template not appear in visual studio 2015

1 Answer 278 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
onivia
Top achievements
Rank 1
onivia asked on 18 Jul 2016, 02:23 AM

I have installed the nuget packages Telerik.DataAccess.Core(2016.1.224.1) and Telerik.DataAccess.Fluent(2016.1.224.1) in Visual Studio 2015 but the templates: Telerik Data Access Domain Context, Telerik Data Access Domain Model and Telerik Data Access Fluent Model not yet appear.

How can I create a Telerik Data Access Domain Model (.rlinq) from a Template in Visual Studio 2015?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2016, 12:01 PM
Hello onivia,

The absence of the code generation templates is expected. The reason for it is that effective since Q2 2015, the support for .rlinq files was deprecated. Currently, Data Access Q1 2015 is the last version of Data Access that distributes the Visual Studio integration and it supports Visual Studio 2010, 2012, and 2013 (more details regarding the deprecation of the Visual Studio integration are available in this blog post).

In your case, when you need to generate a new model, I would recommend you to try our code generation tool distributed through the Telerik.DataAccess.Fluent.CodeGeneration NuGet package. You will find more information about the tool in this post.

Additionally, if you have to maintain existing applications that consume Data Access and use .rlinq files, you can apply any of the following suggestions:

- Option 1: Migrate the .rlinq file to a fluent model and integrate the NuGet packages. The details and the workflow about the migration process are available here.
- Option 2: Freeze the version of Data Access on Q1 2015. Since Data Access Q1 2015 is the last version that distributes the Visual Studio integration, with this option you won't need to migrate the model.

In both cases, you will need to obtain Data Access Q1 2015. You can do so by following this download link.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik by Progress

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
onivia
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Doroteya
Telerik team
Share this question
or