I am sorry to hear you have had such experience with the AppBuilder Windows Client
About the "close program" messages, there is a known issue about AppBuilder Windows Client
crashing when a project with many TypeScript definitions
is opened. Could you please check if the issue will be fixed after disabling the TypeScript
compilation option from within AppBuilder
? To do so, you will need to click on Your account name>Options > General > Text Editor > TypeScript
and uncheck the Enable TypeScript compilation, syntax highlighting and code completion
option there. If this is the case, the next time you open your project, or import files from archive
, AppBuilder should not crash. Unfortunately, you will lose syntax highlighting and code completion for your TypeScript code, but at this stage, there isn't another workaround to the faulty behavior.
If this is not the case would you please send us:
- The logs from %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs so that we can examine them.
- CrashDumps, to do that you will need to:
- Install "Debugging Tools for Windows" from here. Note that you don't need to install all tools from the SDK, just the debugging tools.
- Open "windbg.exe" for x86 from the Debugging Tools installation folder.
- Click File ->Open Crash dumps
- Select the crash dump
- Execute the following commands:
.loadby sos clr
- Finally, click Edit->Write Window to text file
About the Version Control, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. To investigate it further would you please share with us a sample project with the problematic file that clearly reproduces the issue and the steps to reproduce it. Additionally, It will be very helpful if you capture and send us screencasts of this issue.
Finally, I would strongly recommend to open a support ticket, which is private and comes with a guaranteed response time, and share all the needed information there.
Looking forward to your reply.
Telerik by Progress