This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TabControl

3 Answers 26 Views
TabControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sanjay
Top achievements
Rank 1
sanjay asked on 06 Feb 2013, 07:45 AM
Hi

I have TabControl . Under TabControl i have four different  Tabitem. i need to send to service only tab which i have edited. say if i don't edit particular tab i don't want to sent that tab details. how can i Achieve this.Please help me out.

Regards,
sanjay

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2013, 08:01 AM
Hi sanjay,

I am not sure that I understand your scenario. Can you please elaborate on how you edit the RadTabItem (maybe you edit the control in it's content)? How the RadTabItems are loaded in to the RadTabControl? Are you using data-binding? How you need to send the tab details (e.g. on event from code behind, on command execution...)? Please provide more information about your scenario so I can get a better idea of your requirements and suggest you the best approach in your case.

Kind regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

sanjay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Feb 2013, 10:09 AM
Hi  Pavel R. Pavlov

I using MVVM Pattern. using data binding. When user clicks on Tab item using Isselected property  i am calling service call and filling itemsource. in Grid i am going to edit its content say in grid if i have textbox i binded with text property.

Regards,
sanjay
Accepted
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2013, 04:16 PM
Hi sanjay,

In order to visualize any tabs in MVVM, basically you have to set the ContentTemplate and ItemsSource properties of the RadTabControl. Keep in mind that the ContentTemplate property is of type DataTemplate and the type of the ItemsSourse is object. For more information you can read this article. Also, you can take a look at this online demo.

Once you create your ContentTemplate you can bind the properties of your elements and keep track of their values through the business models. Once a change is implemented, you can mark the data object behind the currently selected RadTabItem as changed. You can then use this approach to filter the changed tabs.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
TabControl
Asked by
sanjay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
sanjay
Top achievements
Rank 1