This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sync Windows Phone 8 to Outlook 365

3 Answers 41 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
wmsrandy
Top achievements
Rank 1
wmsrandy asked on 12 Jun 2013, 11:56 PM
I just purchased a Windows  Phone 8. Went to set-up my Outlook account in Tasks.

It asks for my server name, which I found on the Office 365 control panel . Does smtp.office365.com sound correct?

It asks for my domain name, which I ordinarily would consider to be my website name. Based on the "help", it looks like it's asking for a suffix, which I'm not aware of. I use Office 365, Midsize business plan. Where do I find the domain name which is asked for?

In addition, I receive a message that "we could not auto discover your Exchange Server settings because the autodiscovery of your Exchange server is not enabled.  I suppose there is some place in Office 365 Exchange Admin where I enable autodiscovery. Where do I find it?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2013, 10:11 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

Please follow the instructions below for setting Office365 synchronization account up:

·                     in the username field enter your email

·                     in the password field- your password

·                     in the email field- your email

·                     the value of the server field enter https://mailxyz.org/EWS/Exchange.asmx, where https://mailxyz.org is your server

·                     do not fill the domain field, its value is extracted automatically from the e-mail if nothing is entered into that field and check the "Server requires SSL" checkbox.

Could you, please try with the described above steps and comment if the issue is still reproducible?

Regards,
Ivailo Dinkov
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
wmsrandy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your help Ivailo. I tried the suggested approach and have yet to connect with my server - I received a better message - "we could not find the specified the Server Url.

I tried the server format you suggested, https://xyzcompany.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx. I don't know of an address with "mail" in the name. My email is set-up via Office 365, which uses Exchange Online to connect to Outlook via my PC.

I asked Microsoft. They directed me to the Outlook control panel, and tell me I should use smtp.office365.com, which doesn't work.  Alternatively, when I go into my email accounts in Outlook, I see a server name that has a mix of random numbers and letters such as 314m-334m-556456@xyzcompany.com.  This does not follow the format you mentioned.

Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2013, 11:47 AM

Hi Randy,

To see your Office 365 server value:

•   Then click the Outlook button.
  •   The Outlook Web App will start and you can obtain the server from the Url bar of the browser 

4.       Give it a try with getting the server into that way and following the steps, described into my previous answer and let me know how it goes.

I’d be glad to assist you further.

Regards,
Ivailo Dinkov
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
wmsrandy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivo
Telerik team
wmsrandy
Top achievements
Rank 1