Special Characters not support if project created from VS Extension

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Support
    Support avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2013

    Posted 03 May 2014 Link to this post

    Hi,

    It appears that special characters are not supported if we create the project from Visual Studio. To replicate the bug:

    1) Create a new blank project from Visual Studio
    2) Put "alert('é à î');" inside onDeviceReady function (index.js)
    3) Run in simulator

    Can I fix it by myself? (this does not happen if you create the project from AppBuilder Graphite)

    Thanks,
    Bastien
  2. Support
    Support avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Jun 2013

    Posted 05 May 2014 Link to this post

    Nobody has an idea how I can solve this by myself? It's pretty annoying...
  3. Iva Koevska
    Admin
    Iva Koevska avatar
    286 posts

    Posted 06 May 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Bastien,

    We have identified the issue and will log it for fixing in a future release of AppBuilder.

    Until then, the solution is to change the encoding of your file. Go to File -> Advanced Save Options and set Unicode (UTF-8 with signature) as the current encoding. Re-save your file and try running your app in the simulator again.

    Let us know if you need more help.

    Regards,
    Iva Koevska
    Telerik
     

    Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

     
Back to Top