I'm really surprised to find this forum as unusable as it is, given the nature of the product. Please forgive some angst here but I'm spending more time hunting for info in this forum than coding.
1) When I click on the numbered or unordered list toolbar button, my IE7 shows script error "_gat is undefined". I have this site set as a trusted site with full scripting allowed, etc - How is it possible that your own site has errors like this?
2) Use your own extended grid to make the display and interaction of forum threads more effective. Why do we need to launch a thread in a new window/tab in order to see the content? Why can't some of the text display in the grid that displays subjects so that we can decided if we want to open a new page?
3) Allow us to Preview before posting.
4) Allow multi-select drilldowns in the forum search so that we can refine hits down to a meaningful set of possible solutions.
5) Please allow us to make use of the real-estate on wide monitors. I have 22 inches of display here and I can only use half of it for this forum - and then as stated above we're compelled to keep opening new windows to see content. How 1990's is that?
6) Same goes for the 20 results per page - can we have a dropdown that allows us to see 100 if we wish? I have the bandwidth and I don't enjoy clicking through pages of useless hits.
7) I know Telerik really cares about their products and community, but let's face it, you don't have the resources to maintain this forum. This forum is a marketing vehicle, it's somewhere near the top of the list of destinations for new developer prospects, right after the excellent demos and help pages. But there are a LOT of similar pleas for help here because the forum software itself is seriously ineffective as an application. And the more problems someone sees in a forum, the more inclined they are to look elsewhere. So how about open sourcing this forum so that your customers who need it can maintain it? Or provide some way for your user base to extend it.
8) Add a save buffer which is linked to our login like other saved data. It's very frustrating to type in a carefully crafted forum posting, only to have something go wrong right before you hit Post. If you provide a Save And Continue function then we can type some thoughts, save it, then continue, and if something goes wrong the unposted text is still on your site where we can import it for another attempt.
9) Regarding the signature: "Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
", I have to say that search isn't much better than the Advanced Search here.
10) Please allow us to add a date spec to searches so that we don't waste time on old postings when our issues may be specific to Promethius or some other new release. Part of the problem with finding quick solutions here is that the information can get outdated, and it's very difficult to know whether some solution posted early last year still applies to the current releases.
11) Please get someone to go through these forums to gather FAQ data which we can viewed before searching blindly here. Many similar questions are asked in different ways because many developers post their inquiries in a context-sensitive manner. Someone who understands the software needs to recognize the underlying issues that cause confusion so that a FAQ can be updated. And then these FAQs should be addressed by Telerik development people to simplify or stabilize areas that prompt FAQs.
I believe I've had my say for now. Thank you kindly for your time.