Security

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jon
    Jon avatar
    813 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 Link to this post

Are there any good examples on the security of the Web Services?  I've seen this page http://docs.telerik.com/data-access/developers-guide/using-web-services/data-services/developer-guide-wcfservices-data-service-authentication but it seems a little brief given the implications of getting security wrong.

Any pointers to demos very much appreciated.

Regards

Jon

2. Viktor Zhivkov
    Admin
    Viktor Zhivkov avatar
    291 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 Link to this post

Hello Jon,

WE have always tried to be compatible with existing ASP.NET/WCF/Data Services/Web API infrastructure as much as possible so in most of the cases you can research topics on MSDN (or Stack Overflow) for the standard Microsoft implementation and then apply the same patterns on the service code generated by Add Telerik Data Access Service wizard.
    In regard for securing your service layer - you can use the same approach.
    As each service technology stack has it's own way of restricting access, please let us know which service type (or types) are you interested in. In practice the environment where the service will be hosted and will operate has implications over the way it can be secured so please give us any important details about your planned project structure and relationships between different client, service and web site components.

Regards,
    Viktor Zhivkov
    Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Jon
    Jon avatar
    813 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 in reply to Viktor Zhivkov Link to this post

Hi Viktor

Thanks for that.  I'll have another look although given the comment in your other post I am wondering what the future holds for the web services side of data access.  Especially given the link with Progress now.  

Obviously I'm adverse to developing with a solution that is being phased out so could you confirm where data access stands?

Many thanks

Jon

5. Doroteya
    Admin
    Doroteya avatar
    502 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 Link to this post

Hi Jon,

Telerik Data Access as a product is and will continue to be part of the Progress portfolio.

Data Access is consumed by Telerik Sitefinity and its runtime features will continue to be supported. As for the services you will generate with Services Wizard, our roadmap does not include changes in the code they output.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you need further information or assistance.

Regards,
    Doroteya
    Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.