RadHtmlChart Legend orientation on v2014.3.1209.45

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Scott
    Scott avatar
    5 posts

Posted 04 May Link to this post

I'm currently running ASP.Net AJAX RadHtmlChart control v2014.3.1209.45.  There is no setting to change the Legend orientation from horizontal to vertical.  The newer version of this control does have a means to set the orientation to either horizontal or vertical, but I am unable to upgrade the Telerik.Web.UI controls at this time.

Is there any way that I can configure the legend so that they appear vertically?  Any way with some custom css or js?

Thanks,

Scott

2. Stamo Gochev
    Admin
    Stamo Gochev avatar
    157 posts

Posted 09 May Link to this post

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, setting the legend orientation is available in more recent releases and it is not easy to achieve the built-in functionality with custom code.This is the reason why we have integrated this feature in the widget and exposed an API for its configuration.

I hope that you can soon upgrade to the latest version as we now provide a lot of other useful features, such as visual templates, which allow you to fully customize the appearance of specific elements, including the legend:

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/htmlchart/examples/functionality/visual-templates/defaultcs.aspx

Regards,
    Stamo Gochev
    Telerik
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017