RadEditor stripping html tags I need

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Jim
    Jim avatar
    14 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2013

    Posted 06 Jan 2015 Link to this post

    I am using the current version of the Telerik UI dll (version 2014.1.225.45)
    This is the definition of my RadEditor on my page:

    The problem I am having is that when I save the content OR switch to "Design" view and back to the "HTML" view, it is stripping my <body></body> and <html></html> tags

    What I want is for the editor to not mess with what I enter in any way.  I thought I had specified this in the definition of the editor on the page.  What properties do I have to set so that the editor does not change anything?

    <telerik:RadEditor ID="reContent" runat="server" Skin="Office2010Blue" Height="850px" Width="100%" StripFormattingOptions="MSWordRemoveAll"<br>                                ContentAreaMode="Div" EmptyMessage="Add Content Here - Content is Required" StripFormattingOnPaste="MSWordRemoveAll"<br>                                ClientIDMode="Static" NewLineMode="Br" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad" AllowScripts="true" ContentFilters="None"><br>                            </telerik:RadEditor>

  2. Answer
    Marin Bratanov
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    3558 posts

    Posted 07 Jan 2015 Link to this post

    Hi Jim,

    The current latest version at the time of writing is 2014.3.1209.

    Nevertheless, to edit a full HTML page (i.e., have the <html> and <body> tags), you must use the default Iframe ContentAreaMode and not the Div mode: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/completehtmlsupport/defaultcs.aspx.

    Also, ClientIDMode=Static is not supported and can cause issues, so I advise that you remove it.


    Marin Bratanov

    Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Jim
    Jim avatar
    14 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2013

    Posted 07 Jan 2015 in reply to Marin Bratanov Link to this post

    Hi Marin,
       Thanks for the quick response!  I did try that yesterday and didn't seem to work.  However, I did try again and rebuilt, cleared cache,etc. and seems to be working fine now.  It seems it was having the ContentAreaMode set to "Div" that was the issue.  Not sure why I set it to that in the first place.  I also did remove the ClientIDMode on all of my Telerik controls.

    thanks for the help,
Back to Top