This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems with intellisense (VS2010)

1 Answer 66 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Simon Woods
Top achievements
Rank 1
Simon Woods asked on 15 Apr 2013, 03:41 PM

Hi

Recently I installed and then uninstalled JustCode. Since then, I am experiencing difficulties with visual studio 2010. I am finding that when I type

•  from time to time certain characters do not appear. It is not limited to any particular character.
  • sometimes I cannot enter a space to declare a new var and end up having to write the whole declaration without spaces and then going back and inserting them in the correct place
  • if I start a new line,   as soon as I type a char "()" appears. If I try to delete both the brackets , they immediately re-appear

There are other annoyances which tmm are probably symptoms of something else going wrong.

I've tried

• resetting my settings via the import/export option
  • devenv /resetsettings from the cmd propt (as admin)
  • rebooting my machine
  • uninstalling, reboot  and a clean install

and nothing seems to stop this.

and I'm wondering if it has left something in the registry or something - but it may not be "JustCode" at all.  

Is there anything like a clean up tool I could use to make sure everything has uninstalled properly - or perhaps there are other suggestions?

I should probably add that it doesn't seem to be a problem when dev'ing with c# or f#. Only vb.

Many thanks

S

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zdravko
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2013, 11:24 AM
Hello Simon,

Thanks for contacting us.
This is the first time someone reporting such issue and I suppose that probably is is caused by some other extension on your side.
To be sure that you have successfully removed JustCode check if it appears in Control Panel Add / Remove window. If you don't find it there so you have completely uninstalled it.
Does installing of JustCode fix the problem?

Would send me your JustCode logs to revise them just for any case? They are located at %localappdata%\JustCode\Logs.
Thanks.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Zdravko
the Telerik team
Share what you think about JustCode with us, so we can help you even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustCode, our forum, or our JustCode feedback portal.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Simon Woods
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zdravko
Telerik team
Share this question
or