Recently I installed and then uninstalled JustCode. Since then, I am experiencing difficulties with visual studio 2010. I am finding that when I type
- from time to time certain characters do not appear. It is not limited to any particular character.
- sometimes I cannot enter a space to declare a new var and end up having to write the whole declaration without spaces and then going back and inserting them in the correct place
- if I start a new line, as soon as I type a char "()" appears. If I try to delete both the brackets , they immediately re-appear
There are other annoyances which tmm are probably symptoms of something else going wrong.
- resetting my settings via the import/export option
- devenv /resetsettings from the cmd propt (as admin)
- rebooting my machine
- uninstalling, reboot and a clean install
and nothing seems to stop this.
and I'm wondering if it has left something in the registry or something - but it may not be "JustCode" at all.
Is there anything like a clean up tool I could use to make sure everything has uninstalled properly - or perhaps there are other suggestions?
I should probably add that it doesn't seem to be a problem when dev'ing with c# or f#. Only vb.