Problem after updating to Q3 2012

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. AKROS
    AKROS avatar
    68 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 26 Nov 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Telerik,

    I just updated to the last Q3 2012 release and my application doesn't work anymore.
    It seems that the problem happens during expanding the rows. This code worked just fine in the previous Q2 release:

    private void DataLoaded()
    {
        this.busyEmployeeIndicator.IsBusy = true;
        this.treeListView.DataLoaded -= this.treeListView_DataLoaded;
     
        this.Dispatcher.BeginInvoke((() =>
        {
            // Expand the tree
            this.ExpandHierarchy(this.treeListView.ItemsSource);
            // Scroll to current week
            this.ScrollToWeek(Week.Current);
            // Close the busy indicator
            this.busyEmployeeIndicator.IsBusy = false;
     
            //this.treeListView.UpdateLayout();
        }));
    }


    private void ExpandHierarchy(object source)
            {
                if (source is ICollection)
                {
                    foreach (object item in (ICollection)source)
                    {
                        // Expand all departments
                        if (item is Department)
                        {
                            this.treeListView.ExpandHierarchyItem(item);
                            this.ExpandHierarchy(((Department)item).Children.ToList());
                        }
                           else if ....
                    }
                }
            }

    Note that ExpandAllHierarchyItems (method of the TreeListView) worked as expected. I tried to use the latest internal build but it didn't help.

    I hope you can give me a fix as soon as possible.
    Greetings,

    Nicolas

     

     

  2. Yoan
    Admin
    Yoan avatar
    1066 posts

    Posted 29 Nov 2012 Link to this post

    Hi Nicolas,

     I have tested your scenario but I could not reproduce the problem. For your convenience, I have prepared a sample project that you can find attached. Can you please modify it in order to reproduce the issue and resend it back to me?

    Thank you in advance!

    Kind regards,
    Yoan
    the Telerik team

    Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

  3. DevCraft banner
  4. AKROS
    AKROS avatar
    68 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 04 Dec 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Yoan,

    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Your project works without any problem on my side!

    Currently, I'm not able to reproduce this bug with a minimal amount of lines... (my project is pretty big).
    Facts are that it was working with the previous version 2012.2 and upgrading to version 2012.3 broke something.

    I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with ExpandHierarchy since using ExpandAllHierarchyItems fixes the problem (but it's not the behavior I would like...).

    I tried on a Windows 7 with IE9 and Windows 8 with IE10.
    Thanks and greetings,

    Nicolas
Back to Top