Possible bug with Data Access Shapes and VS2013

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Aleksandar
    Aleksandar avatar
    52 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Environment: VS2013 (Win7), MSSQL2008 (Win2008 on VMWarePlayer), Telerik.OpenAccess 2014.2.918.1.

Scenario: Add model to your VS, add one stored procedure in the model schema explorer, go to model object explorer and create a domain method. Click on the newly created method in the model object explorer and drag-and-drop it to itself (or anywhere else). I get VS throwing exception at that stage and VS restart is the only way out.

Regards,
    Alex
  2. Aleksandar
    Aleksandar avatar
    52 posts

Posted 07 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Forgot to mention, I am accessing development computer remotely (using RDP).

Alex
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Boyan
    Admin
    Boyan avatar
    100 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hello Aleksandar,

Thank you for your detailed report.

This issue you reported is already known and logged for prioritization. If you dock the Model Object Explorer panel to Visual Studio this behavior should stop occurring. Could you please confirm that this is indeed the case?

I hope this is helpful. Do not hesitate to get back to us with any additional questions. 

Regards,
    Boyan
    Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

5. Aleksandar
    Aleksandar avatar
    52 posts

Posted 08 Oct 2014 in reply to Boyan Link to this post

HI Boyan,

Confirmed. The issue is experienced only if the Model Object Explorer panel is in the auto-hide mode.

Regards,
    Alex
  6. Boyan
    Admin
    Boyan avatar
    100 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2014 Link to this post

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your cooperation.

For the time being I am not able to give you an estimated time when this bug is going to be fixed. If this occurs regularly on your side please use the suggested work-around.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience this might caused you.

Regards,
    Boyan
    Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

DevCraft banner