I am trying to port a telerik mvc project to use the Kendo controls and am having difficulties on a few issues with the grid. If anyone can help with any of these issues I would appreciate it!
- I am using an editor template for editing a certain view model object. The add/edit window that pops up is way too narrow and has a horizontal scroll bar. If I wrap a <div> around my fieldset and put width on it, the width is ignored. Currently the form is not usable because it is so narrow. How can I specify the width of my editor template? The following also has no effect:
.Editable( editing => editing
.Mode( GridEditMode.PopUp )
.DisplayDeleteConfirmation( true )
.Window( window => window.Width( 500 ) ))
- When I click the "Add" button, the title of the window still states "Edit". How do I dynamically change this based on the mode?
- I need to have a "Details" button in my master grid which will open a modal popup that displays all the details of the selected row. How is this accomplished with the Kendo grid?
- Edit, Add & Delete buttons only have text. In the Telerik version we could specify to display text, text + image or image only. Where has this functionality gone? I need to only display icons on the buttons.
- In the editor template, the "Update" button does not fire off the specified controller method. It simply closes the window.
- The filter icon does not show up and filtering is not possible
I have looked through the limited documentation and examples and have not been able to answer these questions but if I missed an example I am happy to have that pointed out so I can take a look.
Thanks for your help!