This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OrderIndex Problem in Dynamically Generated Controls

1 Answer 17 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
A2H
Top achievements
Rank 1
A2H asked on 26 Nov 2014, 07:32 PM
I have the exact similar scenario which is descrbed in the below thread. 
http://www.telerik.com/forums/problem-working-with-dynamically-created-radgrid-s

The solution suggested by Telerik Team in this thread is given below

1) To drop the resizing and reordering features from this grid.
2) To disable the ViewState of the whole placeholder where you load the RadGrid control. In this scenario have in mind that the SqlDataReader binding may not works, as each postback in the page will make the grid try to rebind and if the reader is currently closed, you will get an exception.

Unfortunately I cannot use the above suggestion as my customer is so particular on the ReOrder functionality.

As it an old thread(2011) My query here is there any solution available for this issue in latest Telerik Controls?

PS: I am posting this issue in a new thread again as I didn't get the solution from my previous posts.

Thanks,
A2H

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Nov 2014, 05:14 AM
Hello,

Although the previous thread is rather old, this limitation is related to the ViewState of the control and is not something that could not be fixed. Since the entire RadGrid is created within the Page's Init event and the ViewState is disabled, it is not possible to support columns reordering, resizing, etc. 

Furthermore, since you are changing the RadGrid column structure dynamically, disabling the ViewState is mandatory condition. You should revise which of the behaviors is with higher priority - changing the structure dynamically or enabling columns reordering.

Regards,
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
A2H
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
Share this question
or